santiago to sosua

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Hi, I'm trying out JetBlue to santiago.
How do experts go from STI to sosua? taxi, bus?
I'll be arriving 10:30 am in STI.
thank you
X.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
x_man said:
Hi, I'm trying out JetBlue to santiago.
How do experts go from STI to sosua? taxi, bus?
I'll be arriving 10:30 am in STI.
thank you
X.

Easy way: taxi, approx US$25, door to door. Call one in advance, do NOT use the airport cabs.

Cheap way: Caribe tours, US$3-4. You will need to catch a cab to the bus station in Los Jardines which will cost about $3. You will need another short taxi in Sosua for another $3. Total $9.

It depends on your budget. When I am flying, I now always catch a taxi, even from Santiago to Santo Domingo, I don't like to mess around with bags.

But for internal (non air) travel, a bus is better.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Few changes

I got a guy a taxi to Cabarete for RD$1400 plus tip. About $30 door to door
Sosua is cheaper.

A taxi from the airport to Santiago is about $350-400 as of last week. Ask for Rafaelito, a short round little guy with a huge smile. Tell him your gringo friend with a big white beard recommended you.

Go to Caribe Tours-Los Jardines and buy a ticket to Sosua for RD$200. You can stop someplace on the way and change a few dollars. NOT at the AIRPORT

In SOSUA another taxi will take you to the hotel. ALWAYS diddle on the price...there are lots of taxis.

If you decide to take a taxi direct, let me know and I will have one waiting at the airport for you.

Email me if you so desire.

HB

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
thank you adrian, Hillbilly

I will go with the taxi-bus combo, since I have only a small backpack.

Thanks Hillbilly for offering a taxi setup, but I will look for Rafaelito and do what you suggested.

thanks again.
x.