VooDoo Lounge

SosuaMama

Jul 8, 2004
Hey People,
Has anyone been to VooDoo Lounge in Sosua?If so,what are your thoughts on the bar,and the staff??

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Was there twice this past weekend. Damn good time.

Great for getting started for the night. Or when you had your fill of bachata or merengue and just need a break.

Staff was cool. Met one of the managers there. Was interested in my opinion on the music and the set-up. Was breaking in a new DJ.

Prices were cheap. Same regular Presidente I paid RD$100 in Cabarete on the beach for, costs RD$40-45 here. Cuba Libres & Santa Libres cost RD$60. Not sure about martinis and other drinks.

It's the most "American" cosmopolitan style bar/lounge in Sosua. I'd go back.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
toneloc24 said:
Was there twice this past weekend. Damn good time.

Great for getting started for the night. Or when you had your fill of bachata or merengue and just need a break.

Staff was cool. Met one of the managers there. Was interested in my opinion on the music and the set-up. Was breaking in a new DJ.

Prices were cheap. Same regular Presidente I paid RD$100 in Cabarete on the beach for, costs RD$40-45 here. Cuba Libres & Santa Libres cost RD$60. Not sure about martinis and other drinks.

It's the most "American" cosmopolitan style bar/lounge in Sosua. I'd go back.

You are misinformed my dear, hes been a DJ for years and worked at the Voodoo before, he went back to UK for a couple of months to fulfill bookings.
Its the best Disco in town and the staff are great, theres another DJ returning there in a couple of weeks so it should be even hotter.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
If you want to go to a place without Dominicans and Dominican music and no Dominican flavour at all, The Woodoo lounge should be a great choice.

Manxman

Aug 14, 2003
:disappoin
I was there 4 times in the last 2 weeks enjoyed the music.But there are 2 prices 1 for local 1 for tourist
Presidente and vodka red bull 190 local
tourist price was 300

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Manxman said:
:disappoin
I was there 4 times in the last 2 weeks enjoyed the music.But there are 2 prices 1 for local 1 for tourist
Presidente and vodka red bull 190 local
tourist price was 300

This most certainly is an error, this practise is not supposed to happen, please tell me who served you, describe them and in which bar were you served, I'll look into it and Im sure the manager, Ken will put this right for you. They are totally committed to their customers and would not condone this.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Ladybird said:
This most certainly is an error, this practise is not supposed to happen, please tell me who served you, describe them and in which bar were you served, I'll look into it and Im sure the manager, Ken will put this right for you. They are totally committed to their customers and would not condone this.
Jesus Ladybird, in your zest to pump up this place you are telling non truths. I even have the yellow voodoo lounge card to get the cheaper prices. FWIW it was 60 pesos for the Presidente last night with the local card.

Scott

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Blot Scott

Escott said:
Jesus Ladybird, in your zest to pump up this place you are telling non truths. I even have the yellow voodoo lounge card to get the cheaper prices. FWIW it was 60 pesos for the Presidente last night with the local card.

Scott

You are talking about the discount cards, they DONT charge different prices, you are always criticizing this place because you are too old to enjoy it,(82 next birthday isnt it?) what amazes me is you always say you never go there so how would you know?? :bandit:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Business 101

Ladybird said:
Where do you get these ideas?
Of course it's normal practise.
This is a fundamnetal principle from "business 101".
Volume customers (residents) get better prices (discounts) than occasional or one time clients.
Most bars and restaurants in tourist towns have resident discounts.
How else would they survive in low season when there are no tourists around.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Rocky said:
Where do you get these ideas?
Of course it's normal practise.
This is a fundamnetal principle from "business 101".
Volume customers (residents) get better prices (discounts) than occasional or one time clients.
Most bars and restaurants in tourist towns have resident discounts.
How else would they survive in low season when there are no tourists around.

I quite understand there are residents discounts, but I read the post that they were referring to different prices for Dominican and Gringos, if this is not the case I stand corrected.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Confused?

Ladybird said:
I quite understand there are residents discounts, but I read the post that they were referring to different prices for Dominican and Gringos, if this is not the case I stand corrected.
Is this what is bothering you? That a Dominican might get a better price than a Gringo?
But there are 2 prices 1 for local 1 for tourist.
I see no mention of Dominican and Gringo.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Presentation to Rockys Bar.

Rocky said:
Sure, I'll take you up on that offer. Thanks.

Ok how shall I word it, "This plaque was presented to Rockys Bar in memory of the day a woman admitted she was wrong" Hows zat?,, by the way this of course will be Dominican gold. :p

As well as the Voodoo Lounge Disco, this Rockys Bar is also a great night time venue for all those visitors reading this post, and try his famous ribs, but watch out for Teds cocktails, they're fierce.....

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Ladybird said:
You are talking about the discount cards, they DONT charge different prices, you are always criticizing this place because you are too old to enjoy it,(82 next birthday isnt it?) what amazes me is you always say you never go there so how would you know?? :bandit:
These cards are for residents (locals). I get the discount without the card but I just wanted to point out your errors in your zest for pumping them up. If I was 82 years old you would still look like my granny and I would still be pretty!LOL

I have been in the VooDoo Lounge many times. I just wont promote any business that isn't considerate of their neighbors and I don't hear a thing from my condos for some reason.. They have been real dead for a few months now anyway but the Russian whores were back last night so it should pick up with tourists thinking they are available without paying 1000- US dollars a day.

Escott

ustelephone

Mar 31, 2004
www.ecoislandadventures.com
Escott said:
These cards are for residents (locals). I get the discount without the card but I just wanted to point out your errors in your zest for pumping them up. If I was 82 years old you would still look like my granny and I would still be pretty!LOL

I have been in the VooDoo Lounge many times. I just wont promote any business that isn't considerate of their neighbors and I don't hear a thing from my condos for some reason.. They have been real dead for a few months now anyway but the Russian whores were back last night so it should pick up with tourists thinking they are available without paying 1000- US dollars a day.

Escott

Did you say Russian whores? 1000$ per night? :paranoid:

Enlighten us down here in SD, maybe I'll to visit. It would be for research purposes only of course.