Are they really all dogs???

canadiangirl247

Jul 11, 2004
Are they all "dogs"?

Reading through most of these messages I get the impression that most Dominican men (especially resort workers) are all dogs who simply use women tourists (the ugly ones) as their own personal bank accounts. They think if they pay attention to them, compliment them, dance at the disco and then head to a pay by the hour hotel and then repeat this whole process for a couple of more days that the women will fall in love with them and gladly send them financial support when they return to there hometowns. Don't get me wrong - I'm sure this happens plenty but is this the attitude of them all. I have travelled to the Dominican many times before (its a great place) and stayed in different areas. Some of the resort workers are definitely out for only one thing but I have also met a few who seem like genuine nice guys. I have stayed in touch with a couple and trust me their was no "fling" to begin with (I travel with my husband) and definitely no financial support given. So whats the story???? Are all dominican men dogs who love to take advantage of the female tourists???? Give me your input.

Last edited:

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
No, I cannot say they're all dogs.

Just go by this: Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear.

Every situation is different, people do tend to exaggerate, and although for the most part the resort workers are sankies, who can actually know your situation? Let alone advice you on what to do?

It has been my personal experience not to trust anyone when it comes to a serious decision I have to make, "Cada cabeza es un mundo".

canadiangirl247 said:
Reading through most of these messages I get the impression that most Dominican men (especially resort workers) are all dogs who simply use women tourists (the ugly ones) as their own personal bank accounts. They think if they pay attention to them, compliment them, dance at the disco and then head to a pay by the hour hotel and then repeat this whole process for a couple of more days that the women will fall in love with them and gladly send them financial support when they return to there hometowns. Don't get me wrong - I'm sure this happens plenty but is this the attitude of them all. I have travelled to the Dominican many times before (its a great place) and stayed in different areas. Some of the resort workers are definitely out for only one thing but I have also met a few who seem like genuine nice guys. I have stayed in touch with a couple and trust me their was no "fling" to begin with (I travel with my husband) and definitely no financial support given. So whats the story???? Are all dominican men dogs who love to take advantage of the female tourists???? Give me your input. :ermm:

Dec 9, 2002
Don't be silly, how can anyone seriously say that all Dominican men are dogs? What is your definition of "dog" anyway? It must be different than what it is here in UK, where if you call someone a dog, you are saying that they are ugly.
have also met a few who seem like genuine nice guys. I have stayed in touch with a couple and trust me their was no "fling" to begin with (I travel with my husband) and definitely no financial support given
Haven't you answered your own question here? You know from this comment alone that Dominican men are not all the same.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Editing

canadiangirl247 said:
I thought it was self explanatory.... "Question answered".
Thanks for all of your input :)

The messages posted here are archived for future reference, the reason for this is so people can search the archives. That way the other members do not have to answer the same question over and over again!

Maybe next time canadiangirl247 posts a question we should answer, and then 2 minutes later go in and edit out the answer.

canadiangirl247

Jul 11, 2004
Sorry... I'm new at this

CyaBye3015 said:
The messages posted here are archived for future reference, the reason for this is so people can search the archives. That way the other members do not have to answer the same question over and over again!

Maybe next time canadiangirl247 posts a question we should answer, and then 2 minutes later go in and edit out the answer.

Didn't realize that editing my question out would cause such a stir. Just posted it to get an answer... felt like I had received the answer so that is why I deleted it. Didn't realize that messages were archived so the same questions aren't asked over and over again. Once again, I apologize - I'm new at these message boards. Now I know how it works so won't happen again.
Replaced original question so all is back to normal

canadiangirl247

Jul 11, 2004
sorry...didn't know the drill

Ladybird said:
pathetic!

I don't think that I am pathetic. I just didn't realize the importance of leaving the question up there. This is the first time I have really used a message board like this. I would hope that maybe you could be a little more understanding and accepting of newcomers until they get the hang of it.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
canadiangirl247 said:
Didn't realize that editing my question out would cause such a stir. Just posted it to get an answer... felt like I had received the answer so that is why I deleted it. Didn't realize that messages were archived so the same questions aren't asked over and over again. Once again, I apologize - I'm new at these message boards. Now I know how it works so won't happen again.
Replaced original question so all is back to normal

"GOOD ANSWER" as they say on the game show "The Family Feud." All is forgiven, perhaps we were a little harsh.

Joe

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
canadiangirl247 said:
I don't think that I am pathetic. I just didn't realize the importance of leaving the question up there. This is the first time I have really used a message board like this. I would hope that maybe you could be a little more understanding and accepting of newcomers until they get the hang of it.

we all thought you'd deliberately deleted it. good luck and welcome to DR 1, its brilliant on here. :classic:

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Don't worry

Ladybird said:
we all thought you'd deliberately deleted it. good luck and welcome to DR 1, its brilliant on here. :classic:
The bird has been out in the sun too long. Once her sankie gets the A/C fixed she will be okay. She calls me pathetic all of the time and i am still madly in love with her.
Charlie

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
To answer the original question: Yes, they are all dogs. They have many friends and they don't need anymore friends. Just have a nice vacation and let them serve you, thats their job and you are paying for it. Why make friends with them if they have very little to offer in return. If you find one of them attractive, just have fun in the bed and then pack up and leave. Give him/her a phony number and a wrong e mail if they insist. there are many of them all over DR, you will find another sankie when you will return.
Have a nice vacation.
AZB

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
No Dominican men are NOT all dogs, same as not all men around the world are DOGS.

Unfortunately we hear all these sad stories from women going to the DR and how they were dazzled on a week's vacation. Haven't they ever been out of the house before? How do you fall in love after a few days with such obvious one liners?

mackhard

Sep 20, 2002
DR love

4 years ago there was a kid i met from santo domingo who was really into baseball, every time i would see him he was either going to school or to baseball pratice or a game, all he talked about was baseball I was certain he would somehow make it to the minors or majors ( to make a long story short )I recently saw the kid who is 18 years old i asked him how goes the baseball ,his reply was he doesnt play anymore because he met a swiss woman who takes care of him ( it blew my mind because it seemed like the kid was differnt than that large majority of domincan men but i guess its in his blood or just an easy way out

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
canadiangirl247 said:
Reading through most of these messages I get the impression that most Dominican men (especially resort workers) are all dogs who simply use women tourists (the ugly ones) as their own personal bank accounts. They think if they pay attention to them, compliment them, dance at the disco and then head to a pay by the hour hotel and then repeat this whole process for a couple of more days that the women will fall in love with them and gladly send them financial support when they return to there hometowns. Don't get me wrong - I'm sure this happens plenty but is this the attitude of them all. I have travelled to the Dominican many times before (its a great place) and stayed in different areas. Some of the resort workers are definitely out for only one thing but I have also met a few who seem like genuine nice guys. I have stayed in touch with a couple and trust me their was no "fling" to begin with (I travel with my husband) and definitely no financial support given. So whats the story???? Are all dominican men dogs who love to take advantage of the female tourists???? Give me your input.
These are real quality guys who fall in love weekly with kilo problemed women usually from Canada in less than 7 days and nights. Where else in this world would you find such fine men???

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
canadiangirl247 said:
Indeed you are NOT pathetic, but welcome to DR1 anyway! ;) I just wish that some of the replies you had received, had actually focussed on YOUR post! Canadiangirl is not a lovelorn sankiechaser. She travels with her husband. I believe she was making a point about generalisations. When I was here in DR as a tourist, myself & partner made friends with some of the hotel staff. They remained friends when we returned to live here. That was 12 years ago. And some of them are STILL friends. One can no more generalise about people on this island, than one can about people anywhere.