Biggest Problems and Best Assets

humphrey

Jul 13, 2004
I was hoping to carry out some research among this forum, and I would be grateful if you wish to contribute.

When doing business in the Dominican Republic what are the problems that you face?

What are the greatest assets that the Dominican Republic possess with regard to business?

If you do reply, could you please say whether you are based inside or outside of the Dominican Republic. Also do feel free to include any stories of your experiences.

Thank you for your help

Humphrey

Last edited:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I live on the North Coast of the DR. I have posted many stories here and wont be able to post them all again for your benefit but they are archived and you just need to do a search on different subjects and they will come up.

I think you can make money here doing business with tourist certainly today. I think tourism will improve dramatically expecially with the new President in office. I presently do some real estate developing in the DR and rent out a few condos to tourists for 1-6 weeks at a time.

The other side of the coin is that you need to network and find out who is good and who is bad here including attorneys. Make sure that you get a few recommendations about which one you use and figure out if who you are taking recommendations from have something to gain. Just look at it like everyone in the country is trying to eat your lunch and if you are not really really careful you will go hungry.

Good luck,

Scott