Are there any educated Sankies, what is the average age of a Sankie??

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Brooke said:
Are there any Sankies who are educated, I think I have gotten
to know one??

If you would like my resume and college transcripts, please send a SASE to:
Charlie

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A more down-to-earth answer to this questions

No, real sankies are just graduates of the School of Howtopleasewomenandnmen. They have obtained a veneer of savoir faire, but two minutes of conversation in their native language would show them to be uneducated boors.

Sankies know how to make women happy and how to get money from them. Most cannot read and write. Try it and you'll see.

Unfortunately, they are a fact of life at all of the resort areas. So be it.

HB

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
Hillbilly, i bow before you. You speak with true wisdom. 100% accurate facts.

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
chuckuindy said:
If you would like my resume and college transcripts, please send a SASE to:
Charlie

Chuckyboy,
The topic was "Sankie" not "Sorry"!!! :p
Your Friend
John

Brooke

May 25, 2004
Hillbilly said:
No, real sankies are just graduates of the School of Howtopleasewomenandnmen. They have obtained a veneer of savoir faire, but two minutes of conversation in their native language would show them to be uneducated boors.

Sankies know how to make women happy and how to get money from them. Most cannot read and write. Try it and you'll see.

Unfortunately, they are a fact of life at all of the resort areas. So be it.

HB

Ok, I understand they know the right things to say and do, but I know he
is educated and has asked me for money, I'm sure he has done this before.
Does he really need the money??

Dec 9, 2002
Brooke said:
Depends on your take on the word "need". Need and want often get confused. I am sure he can get by without your money (after all, he has done so far), so he doesn't really need it, but he wants it.

What does he do for a living? If he is "educated" surely he has a good job by Dominican standards? If, however, he works in a resort and you have made an assumption that he is educated based on the fact that he can speak a foreign language (ie English), then the chances are that he really is an uneducated sankie and simply wants your money, as well as the money he probably gets from the many other women he meets.

What reason has he given you for asking for your money? If a guy you met at home asked you for your money, what would you do? Go to a public message board and ask if he really needs it? I don't think so. Just use your common sense.

AtlantaBob

Jan 2, 2002
Brooke...

Brooke said:

...you wouldn't per chance be blonde????

Brooke

May 25, 2004
ERICKXSON said:
i think she's forcing herself, she likes sankies so much that she is willing to teach them how to read and write, by the way do you speak spanish?

No, I don't speak Spanish, and I'm not blond, just naive!!

Last edited:

Brooke

May 25, 2004
Dominican Babe said:
Depends on your take on the word "need". Need and want often get confused. I am sure he can get by without your money (after all, he has done so far), so he doesn't really need it, but he wants it.

What does he do for a living? If he is "educated" surely he has a good job by Dominican standards? If, however, he works in a resort and you have made an assumption that he is educated based on the fact that he can speak a foreign language (ie English), then the chances are that he really is an uneducated sankie and simply wants your money, as well as the money he probably gets from the many other women he meets.

What reason has he given you for asking for your money? If a guy you met at home asked you for your money, what would you do? Go to a public message board and ask if he really needs it? I don't think so. Just use your common sense.

Thanks for your info. He does speak english, french, and italian.
He doesn't work at a resort, he is a tour guide, when called. He is also going to be teaching in the fall, when called.

That is a good point, no I would not give someone money here if they asked
for it. It just seems, or it seems to me, that people in the Dominican Republc
do not make much money, nor do they have much. He says he only works two days a month now that it is the off season. He has 3 children and supports his mother too. What do you think?? I'm sure I'm not the only one he asked money from!! I was in the DR for the first time this past April,
I don't know the reality of the people and living conditions.

What are the living conditions really like there?? Are there power outages
almost daily, for 10 to 15 hours a day??

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi Brooke,

Greetings from Atlantic Canada.

Brooke said:
He says he only works two days a month now that it is the off season.

While this is the off-season for North American travel to the DR it is one of the peak seasons for European and in particular British travel to the DR for AI vacations. All those SUMMER vacations add up and while there are some ups and downs in resort occupancy the only time I would consider off-season would be Sept. & Oct. (hurriacane season) and Jan. (post-holiday season). During those times the bargain hunters flock to fill the cheaper packages and once again the resorts have reasonable occupancies.

The point of my post is that contrary to what you may be told to part you from some money there really is no time throughout the year when an enterprising young Dominican can't earn whatever is considered a normal income in the tourism field - unless it just might be faster, easier and more lucrative to spin stories to starry-eyed, young (or not-so-young) gringas.

Mi dos pesos.

Gregg

Brooke

May 25, 2004
FireGuy said:
Greetings from Atlantic Canada.

While this is the off-season for North American travel to the DR it is one of the peak seasons for European and in particular British travel to the DR for AI vacations. All those SUMMER vacations add up and while there are some ups and downs in resort occupancy the only time I would consider off-season would be Sept. & Oct. (hurriacane season) and Jan. (post-holiday season). During those times the bargain hunters flock to fill the cheaper packages and once again the resorts have reasonable occupancies.

The point of my post is that contrary to what you may be told to part you from some money there really is no time throughout the year when an enterprising young Dominican can't earn whatever is considered a normal income in the tourism field - unless it just might be faster, easier and more lucrative to spin stories to starry-eyed, young (or not-so-young) gringas.

Mi dos pesos.

Gregg

Hi Gregg,

So what your telling me is he doesn't really need the money??
What is good money in the DR??

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dear Brooke: Please define "educated" ...

The point is he gets by. He has three kids? Gee, I wonder from how many women?

Sorry, I should not be sarcastic.

The guy is a tour guide? A teacher? Well if recent statistics are any indication, he is probably, just maybe, a high school graduate. Maybe he even went to a "Normal" teacher training type school. But hardly prepared as what you would recognize as a teacher.

While I am sure he is a nice, personable fellow, he knows how to get into your head so you will get him some money. He knows a lot more, too.

Just say you are broke, that your car had this terrible accident and you had to give all of your money to your father who got hurt in his job a the iron works. Whatever!

HB

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Sort of Brooke.

Brooke said:
Hi Gregg,

So what your telling me is he doesn't really need the money??
What is good money in the DR??

Of course he needs the money; so do I - no matter what my bank balance.

As far as what is good money in the DR; it doesn't matter because with few exceptions (I don't mean to generalize but in the absence of perfect knowledge there is little else left) Dominicans live for today, spending whatever is available without a thought for what tomorrow may bring. This means that irrespective of what he earns he will always need more BUT he will make do with less if it is the only alternative. He has before and he will again. As I said I apologise for the generalization. I know one Dominican who saves for the future and invests in land and enterprises which will benefit his family in the future but I know many more who will NEVER have a pot to p*ss in unless they change their ways (especially in tourist areas).

Gregg

Brooke

May 25, 2004
Hillbilly said:

The guy is a tour guide? A teacher? Well if recent statistics are any indication, he is probably, just maybe, a high school graduate. Maybe he even went to a "Normal" teacher training type school. But hardly prepared as what you would recognize as a teacher.

While I am sure he is a nice, personable fellow, he knows how to get into your head so you will get him some money. He knows a lot more, too.

Just say you are broke, that your car had this terrible accident and you had to give all of your money to your father who got hurt in his job a the iron works. Whatever!

HB
He has been a tour guide for seven years, just recently took some tests to become a teacher in the fall. They call on the high scorers of the tests to
teach. If he could get five woman to send him $200 that would be $1,000,
that's probably how he gets his money!!! Is this the only way the DR people
can make money, no wonder they are all so "friendly" when you go there!!!

Brooke

May 25, 2004
Hillbilly said:

HB
What credentials do you need to be a teacher there??

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
Hillbilly will correct me if i'm wrong. College degree will do for formal high school teaching. If it is for private teaching then credential requirements are flexible.