boca chica to sosua...how?

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Hey folks...most of you probably already know that i have been to B.C. a few times. I am really tempted to see more of the country...and would like to stay in BC for a few days to see some friends....and then travel up to sosua.

What do you think would be the best way to do it. One of my friends in BC has offered to drive if we rent a car. He's a nice enough guy...but he has had his run-ins with the law...and well....he's sankie...and i just dont want to have to pay his way all the time. (he's sankie...but i dont fool around with him). I guess i am more concerned that we might have problems on the road with the politur (am i wrong?)

Any suggestions on how a gringo would best travel (safely....as i hate the little green men) from BC to Sosua? I have traveled via guagua to SD and around the southern part of the island....but am really anxious to check out the north. I'd really like to travel inland for the trip from BC To sosua....as i am facinated by all the photos i have found and the views while flying over the isle en route to SDQ.

regards,
jj

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Take the Metro or Caribe Buses

From the capital, as thousands do daily. Cheap, comfortable and easy. renting a car would be nice if you really needed it when there and you really don't.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
yeah..i thought about the busses.....but what if i am traveling with a large bag? I've taken the guaguas....most were fine...but the last one i took from the capital to BC was PACKED!! Had me near sitting on the roof! it was certainly an experience....and i would do it again...but im not sure if i would want to be lugging around a big bag like that. I am sure i can leave some of my bags at candil with no problem....but i still would have one fairly large bag to lug around.

IF worse came to worse...i guess i could always take a taxi from BC to the Capital...and then hopefully the bus that runs from there to sosua is a bit larger than the guaguas and can accomodate my luggage.

thanks for the tip tho rick....i will definitely look into it. It is a bit premature right now as my a** is too broke to get there till maybe september :-( But i most defiinitely want to travel north when i am there at lease for a few days...and then perhaps i will be convinced not to travel to BC all the time :)

IT'd be cool to meet some of the people here on the board that might help me get out of the touristy areas....and see more of the country.

Oh...one question....how long is the trip from SD to Sosua via bus?

thanks again

jj

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i am checking out the other new thread about SDQ to Sosua....finding most of my questions answered there.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Underneath?

jrzyguy said:
yeah..i thought about the busses.....but what if i am traveling with a large bag?

I'd put it in the luggage compartment and keep valuables with you in a carry on . Or for the whopping $7 it costs, buy two seats. That might be more comfy anyway.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
ricktoronto said:
I'd put it in the luggage compartment and keep valuables with you in a carry on . Or for the whopping $7 it costs, buy two seats. That might be more comfy anyway.

thanks rick....the extra 7 bucks would be definitely worth it. Now i just gotta figure out the best way from BC to the bus terminal in SD. Is that the same bus terminal that many of the guagua run from in SD? Like i said in my last post in this thread...had do problems with the guaguas going FROM BC to SD....but coming back was LOCO!!! I think it was hectic because it was one of the last guaguas leaving the capital for the night

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Caribe Tours has a big place on 27 de Febrero

You should be able to get either a taxi or a bus from Boca Chica that will take you done 27 de Febrero and you just yell: "AQU?" and they'll let you off. If you pester the driver about Caribe Tours, he will let you off there..
HB

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Hillbilly said:
You should be able to get either a taxi or a bus from Boca Chica that will take you done 27 de Febrero and you just yell: "AQU?" and they'll let you off. If you pester the driver about Caribe Tours, he will let you off there..
HB

Thanks hillbilly. I think i have made up my mind....that i will take a guagua into SD...perhaps stay one night there....then head up to sosua. I have only been in the capital durring the day...so it would be kind of fun to check out some of the night life in the city. I havent been really too concerned about night life as i am in the NYC area so i have pleanty of that here.

anyhoo...hope i can get this trip together soon