El Cemi (spelling) restaurant Puerto Plata area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sukie

Jun 26, 2002
Hi everyone. I need directions to "El Cemi" restaurant in/near Puerto Plata. I googled it but can't find a thing. I'm hoping someone can tell me if it's still there and how to get to it. I can't remember what road we took but I do recall it was at the top of a mountain. This outdoor restaurant serves fresh food on banana leaves. It was very eclectic and the furniture consisted of sewing machines and other unique items. The mountain view was breathtaking. Pls. help! Thanks

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
El Cemi

Sukie said:
Hi everyone. I need directions to "El Cemi" restaurant in/near Puerto Plata. I googled it but can't find a thing. I'm hoping someone can tell me if it's still there and how to get to it. I can't remember what road we took but I do recall it was at the top of a mountain. This outdoor restaurant serves fresh food on banana leaves. It was very eclectic and the furniture consisted of sewing machines and other unique items. The mountain view was breathtaking. Pls. help! Thanks
The restaurant is on the Caretera Gregorio Luperon, also known as la Caretera Turistica or the Tourist road to Santiago which begins at La Gran Parada at the Western part of Montellano.
If you were coming from POP towards Sosua, you would drive over a small mountain past Star Hill Resorts, and at the bottom of the hill, there is a fork in the road that goes straight and left. The main highway goes left and the tourist road is straight ahead of you. It would be an approximate 25 minute drive to the Cemi restaurant from there, as it is almost at the top of the mountain near La Cumbre, where you start to descend into Santiago.
If you get that far, you have past it by a couple of minutes.
Coming from the POP side, it will be on your left hand side.
Marco.

Status
Not open for further replies.