P5 Direct Tv card has been hacked.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I don't know why people are so quiet on this issue, this should make the headlines in satellite pirate card industry. I had seen a new P5 card programed (activation type with 200 worth of ppv). It is being sold for 150 US dollars and and the subscription is 90 dollars / 3 months in santiago. You get all the channels and 200 dollars worth of PPV events. Then when you use up the 200 dollars worth of PPV you can have the card reprogramed and fill up another 200 dollars worth. I was not given too much info on who is doing it and where you can get the card programed. Its all supposed to be a secret but it so happens, I ran into a transaction in gold's gym yesterday and saw money and card change hands. i heard their conversation and realized what they were takling about. Upon questioning, I was informed of the deal. Today I will go to the guy's house to see the card working myself. I had heard of the cracking of P5 but no one ever produced a working card. Now I think the cable companies are using this new hack on their programing and don't want the general public to have the fix. lets see what comes up in the next few months.
By the way, I had Direct Tv for years in santiago and it worked fine with a activation program or 3M bin files. I use a 6 foot dish for a crystal clear picture.
I have a side question: it you legally have direct Tv in usa, can't you pay the extra 5 dollars a month and get another box for another room with a clone working legal card but simply ship the card and the decorder to Dr and connect it to your 6 foot dish. Would we be able to fool the cable company into thinking that the decorder is still installed in the same house while we actually get to use it in DR for only 5 dollars / month?
AZB

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
None of this would be illegal activity to steal from the company,Right?

I would hope that no one would use DR1 to promote illegal activities! That wouldn't be Kosher! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC :nervous: :bandit: ;)

Dasching

May 21, 2004
AZB you suggested at the end of your post exactly what the people selling those cards are doing. They are subscribing more than 3 cards at a time - $90 a month for the 1st, $5 for each additional. Then they are selling the cards for $90 or more. Once that 3 months is up, they probably hope the real hack shows up...or they just get some new ID for another round of subscriptions. The PPV limit is standard. Anyone that subscribes can get free PPV as long as they don't hook up a phone line - for upto 3 months or $200, whichever comes first.

Dishnet is hackable...even better though are the Blackbird and other Free-to-Air receivers. Can you get a Dishnet signal in the DR?

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Yes

AZB,

There are many of us in Costambar that have been doing that for over 10 years. (Additional box (as a mirror) account for $5.00.

You will have no problem.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Dasching said:
AZB you suggested at the end of your post exactly what the people selling those cards are doing. They are subscribing more than 3 cards at a time - $90 a month for the 1st, $5 for each additional. Then they are selling the cards for $90 or more. Once that 3 months is up, they probably hope the real hack shows up...or they just get some new ID for another round of subscriptions. The PPV limit is standard. Anyone that subscribes can get free PPV as long as they don't hook up a phone line - for upto 3 months or $200, whichever comes first.

Dishnet is hackable...even better though are the Blackbird and other Free-to-Air receivers. Can you get a Dishnet signal in the DR?
Please reread my post, seems like you only understood what you wanted to understand. Now folks, give me time and I will give you full report on my findings. I am no fool at this game and I know what a hacked card is all about. I will see it with my own eyes either tonight or tomorrow. This P5 seems to be hacked by some secret underground folks who don't iwant it shared with the masses. they simply don't want their programmed to be turned off by direct tv. Once the program becomes available to everyone Direct Tv also gets it and works its way around to knock it off by ECMs. Now it seems the cable companies are the ones who have this fix and won't share it with anyone unless you are from their group. Now folks there were people in DR who had special non comercial activation programed cards (HU) which never went down because these programs were not shared with the masses. They also had a limit which could be reset by simple programing. These special programs are only shared by the cable companies and no one seems to get it besides them. Now let me see this card and I will give you more details. These guys are very strict with this new program, it only came into action last week.
Lets wait and see.
By the way, they are not charging 90 dollars / month, but 90 dollars / 3 months. If the card goes down for any reason they will activate it for free or add more money to ppv if you use up 200 dollars.
This is all what I have heard from other people. I still have to see it working. I only saw the new card change hands.
AZB

gjsuk

Apr 7, 2003
Illegal??

Criss Colon said:
I would hope that no one would use DR1 to promote illegal activities! That wouldn't be Kosher! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC :nervous: :bandit: ;)

Just curious, Exactly what Dominican law is being broken by receiving a hacked satellite TV service here?? Is there some telecommunications law that would be contravened?

Dasching

May 21, 2004
It's unlikely that any law is being broken within the Dominican Republic. Until 4 or 5 Years ago it was perfectly legal to hack Directv within Canada. Most countries just don't consider it a priority to enforce U.S. laws that only impact U.S. companies. Even in the U.S. buying hacked cards is a super minor offense...selling them can get you in big trouble.

AZB I read and reread your post. Still sticking with my conclusions. The scenario I painted is a common one in the hacking community.

The first person or group to hack the P4/P5 cards is looking at a 2 million U.S. dollar or more windfall --- it won't be a secret when it happens. There are many dealers that have thousands paying them yearly subscription fees for support of hacked cards. It's BIG business. Last raid I read about was a shop in Manitoba Canada doing US$300,000 per WEEK in gross sales. Places like those are working hard to find the next hack and get it to their waiting customers. They are offering huge rewards to the first hacker that cracks the card.

Now...don't get me wrong AZB. I am not calling this a scam. It's actually a pretty easy way for you to get some decent TV down there. I subscribe, and I pay over $40 a month and get less channels than the cards you are looking at. It's a good deal for you.

I am doubtful that you will get the same card reprogrammed in 3 months. They might just give you a new one though...same great deal for you.

Dasching

May 21, 2004
One thing to look for:

Local/Network channels.

It's unlikely that the DR will fall into any of the spot signal local markets. Many places within the U.S. are getting multiple spot signals. For instance, if you live in Washington D.C. you will get D.C., NY, Phili, Richmond, and probably a few others from Ohio. Most receivers will only allow you to set one market even if you had a hacked card.

Directv broadcasts East and West Coast ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX. These are not easy channels to subscribe to. The only 2 ways I know of that will get you these channels are:

1. You can prove that you own an RV. Then Directv can legally offer you these out of market channels since you will most likely be outside your city when viewing them.

2. You get a hacked card.

If you are within a spot signal market, you may also get WB and UPN.

I am less familiar with DishNetwork. But my understanding is that they broadcast East and West Coast ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, WB, and UPN. Since there are many ways to get all DishNet channels, these are much easier to view.

Good TV is important to me. Glad to hear that if I ever decide to live in the DR I will have some options.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Ok, I saw a working hacked P5 direct Tv card last night. All channels were turned on except PPV had to be bought with remote control (200 dollar) limit. Now I am not sure how they did it but it seems they are charging $30 US / month to keep the card alive and working. Seems like the guy got the card and had to keep the decorder turned on for 48 hours to get an authorizing signal from Direct TV. I am not sure if its a legal fix with hacked features to get all the channels open. I mean, you subscribe to the minimum service and then hack the card to turn on all the channels? I am not sure how its done but the card is working and all channels can be viewed. 2 guys in santiago have this card working in their house.
If anyone knows more stuff on this, please feel to add here.
AZB

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
AZB said:
Ok, I saw a working hacked P5 direct Tv card last night. All channels were turned on except PPV had to be bought with remote control (200 dollar) limit. Now I am not sure how they did it but it seems they are charging $30 US / month to keep the card alive and working. Seems like the guy got the card and had to keep the decorder turned on for 48 hours to get an authorizing signal from Direct TV. I am not sure if its a legal fix with hacked features to get all the channels open. I mean, you subscribe to the minimum service and then hack the card to turn on all the channels? I am not sure how its done but the card is working and all channels can be viewed. 2 guys in santiago have this card working in their house.
If anyone knows more stuff on this, please feel to add here.
AZB

it will stop working in 3 months or when the 200 dollars are used up.

Then they have to find another sucker to sign up for the service and do the same thing.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
cmedina07 said:
it will stop working in 3 months or when the 200 dollars are used up.

Then they have to find another sucker to sign up for the service and do the same thing.
When the 200 dollars finishes up, you have it reset again to 200 dollars. Its been done like that in HU card. Anyway, the guy who is selling the cards was in my office and tells me the guy who seemed to have cracked it lives in santo domingo and is a dominican engineer. He was on this thing for months and finally has cracked it.
I saw the working card with my own eyes and he says only about 20 people have it in santiago area so far. Its my understanding that the program was made public about a week ago.
AZB

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
AZB said:
When the 200 dollars finishes up, you have it reset again to 200 dollars. Its been done like that in HU card. Anyway, the guy who is selling the cards was in my office and tells me the guy who seemed to have cracked it lives in santo domingo and is a dominican engineer. He was on this thing for months and finally has cracked it.
I saw the working card with my own eyes and he says only about 20 people have it in santiago area so far. Its my understanding that the program was made public about a week ago.
AZB

you are right about the Hu Card. All you had to do was add money to it. The only problem is that the HU Card was hacked which meant using your loader to glitch the card and therfore allowing you to mess with it.

As far as I understand, this has not been done (not publicly) yet with the new card. The key is fining a hack and then creating a loader that will allow you to read it (no loader yet).

If you want to be 100 % sure just do this. Go to your friend and tell him to load 300 dollars into the card. If he can't do it, that means that they are doing what I told you.

The reason I say this is because a new subcriber starts with 200 or 3 months. i am almost 100% sure that they will not be able to add anything to it.

Let me know how that test goes

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Ok, lets wait and see what happens next. They won't let me talk to the programmer directly. Anyway, we will wait and see.
They are saying that there should be some type of loader, hardware / software ex: 3M bin etc available soon to the general public.
AZB

Dasching

May 21, 2004
If you have a real P4/P5 hack there, then you are sitting on a million dollar discovery. If it's possible to purchase some hardware (card reader/writer) and reprogram in your own home, then you've got the real deal. Sending the card in for reprogramming every 3 months and not getting full PPV access doesn't fully cut it.

Check to see if you get East and West Coast Network Channels. Somewhere around the 370-390 channels.

Either way though... $90 for 3 months of service is a pretty good deal.

I think the situation is exactly as I previously described. If I lived in D.R. though, I would be begging for those contacts!