Best Tour Operators in Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sukie

Jun 26, 2002
Hi again. I'm planning a few excursions for our group and I'd appreciate your suggestions on the following:

1. Horseback Riding Tour to Arollo Grande Waterfall
-Should we book with Iguana Mama or Rancho Marabel? Same trip, same price but I can't find reviews of either.

2. Snorkeling in Sosua
-Can we do this on our own (directly on the beach) or is it recommended to book thru an operator like Iguana Mama?

3. Quads / ATV
-I can't find an operator that offers this but I know its available.

4. Voodoo Lounge
-What are the best nights to go? Someone mentioned Karaoke night. We're also looking for good nite spots Monday - Thursday as we'll remain in Cabarete Friday & Saturday.

Thanks!

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Sukie said:
Hi again. I'm planning a few excursions for our group and I'd appreciate your suggestions on the following:

-Should we book with Iguana Mama or Rancho Marabel? Same trip, same price but I can't find reviews of either.

2. Snorkeling in Sosua
-Can we do this on our own (directly on the beach) or is it recommended to book thru an operator like Iguana Mama?

3. Quads / ATV

4. Voodoo Lounge
-What are the best nights to go? Someone mentioned Karaoke night. We're also looking for good nite spots Monday - Thursday as we'll remain in Cabarete Friday & Saturday.

Thanks!

Sukie,

Here is the best advice you'll ever get, just get there and go with the flow, do not sweat the details, just have fun!
Joe

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Sukie said:

2. Snorkeling in Sosua

3. Quads / ATV

4. Voodoo Lounge

Thanks!
I found the best horseback riding to be a 2 hour ride with Gypsy Horse Ranch on the beach to Cabarete. Well mannered horses that will run all day or night and give you the ride of your live.

Just remember if any dogs come out to chase you just turn around and chase them. It was a blast.

Snorkle right from the beach. You can bring your own or pay through the nose for equipment right at the beach. Just start off in El Batey and walk past the Jet Ski rental and start there and go towards the Catamarans. They are anchored just the other side of the reef.

Voodoo Lounge is hit and miss. Sometimes completely dead and sometimes lively. Nothing happening there lately except when the Russian whores are there and then you have a good show.

Can't help you with the rest but eat at Rockys in Sosua for good food at a reasonable price. A whole bunch of gringos hang there every day. There is a real nice Thai/Sushi place in Cabarete in ProCab. Just ask anyone how to get there and as soon as you go throught the gate the road turns right. Go to the next corner and the place is on the right. Ate there last night and the food was great. Dori is the owner and a nice fellow. Watch out for the saki, it got me last week and Dawnwil last night. Packs a wallop.

Scott

Sukie

Jun 26, 2002
Escott said:
I found the best horseback riding to be a 2 hour ride with Gypsy Horse Ranch on the beach to Cabarete. Well mannered horses that will run all day or night and give you the ride of your live.

Just remember if any dogs come out to chase you just turn around and chase them. It was a blast.

Snorkle right from the beach. You can bring your own or pay through the nose for equipment right at the beach. Just start off in El Batey and walk past the Jet Ski rental and start there and go towards the Catamarans. They are anchored just the other side of the reef.

Voodoo Lounge is hit and miss. Sometimes completely dead and sometimes lively. Nothing happening there lately except when the Russian whores are there and then you have a good show.

Can't help you with the rest but eat at Rockys in Sosua for good food at a reasonable price. A whole bunch of gringos hang there every day. There is a real nice Thai/Sushi place in Cabarete in ProCab. Just ask anyone how to get there and as soon as you go throught the gate the road turns right. Go to the next corner and the place is on the right. Ate there last night and the food was great. Dori is the owner and a nice fellow. Watch out for the saki, it got me last week and Dawnwil last night. Packs a wallop.

Scott
Scott - Thanks for the tips. My friends are relying on me to make this vacation awesome. I just got back from a trip and no one knew where to go / what to do. I didn't know my way around so I was limited to the area. It was pretty boring. Anyway, I now have an idea and will leave the rest to fate. Thanks again for your helpfulness.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Sukie said:
Scott - Thanks for the tips. My friends are relying on me to make this vacation awesome. I just got back from a trip and no one knew where to go / what to do. I didn't know my way around so I was limited to the area. It was pretty boring. Anyway, I now have an idea and will leave the rest to fate. Thanks again for your helpfulness.
No problem whatsoever. If you need assistance when you are here call me at 223-1178. Be more than happy to help. Stop in at Rockys for breakfast and sit at the big table in the back and meet a bunch of expats. They will answer any questions you can possibly dream of.

Regards,
Scott

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Escott said:
There is a real nice Thai/Sushi place in Cabarete in ProCab. Just ask anyone how to get there and as soon as you go throught the gate the road turns right. Go to the next corner and the place is on the right. Ate there last night and the food was great. Dori is the owner and a nice fellow. Watch out for the saki, it got me last week and Dawnwil last night. Packs a wallop.

Scott

I found out from Herman yesterday that I drank 3 sakis, not 2. Still can't believe it, don't remember the third one at all. Guess it really got me.

Herman, if you read this, were you joking, perchance?

Still hopeful
dawnwil

luna

Jul 19, 2004
Hi Sukie,

Iguana Mama is definitely a very good adventure tour operator, well organized and with great adventure tours. A great horsebackriding tour is with "Ranch Montana", a half day up in the mountains...
You can contact Iguana Mama through their webpage, they also offer that riding tour. As for snorkeling, you can either organize that yourself, go with a diving school or also Iguana Mama. Just pass by their office once you are here, it's in the center of Cabarete.
Quad Bike Tours are offered by all the tour agencies in town, for example "Fun Tours", their office is right beside Iguana Mama.

As for nightlife, don't know much about Sosua, but in Cabarete Lax is always really nice in the early evening and later you can party in Onno's or Bambu Bar.
Hope you'll enjoy your vacation,
luna

Sukie

Jun 26, 2002
luna said:
Hi Sukie,

Iguana Mama is definitely a very good adventure tour operator, well organized and with great adventure tours. A great horsebackriding tour is with "Ranch Montana", a half day up in the mountains...
You can contact Iguana Mama through their webpage, they also offer that riding tour. As for snorkeling, you can either organize that yourself, go with a diving school or also Iguana Mama. Just pass by their office once you are here, it's in the center of Cabarete.
Quad Bike Tours are offered by all the tour agencies in town, for example "Fun Tours", their office is right beside Iguana Mama.

As for nightlife, don't know much about Sosua, but in Cabarete Lax is always really nice in the early evening and later you can party in Onno's or Bambu Bar.
Hope you'll enjoy your vacation,
luna

Thanks Luna! I'm keeping a file w/everyone's suggestions & advice. I'll take it w/me and let my friends pick out what they want to do. There's no way they could get bored w/all these options. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.