American Airlines

salita

Jul 3, 2004
hello pop bb...
it looks like they are pulling the POP to NYC direct flight as of August 8 and telling agents to book through Miami or SJU (i think that was the other one)..govt looks to be disputing this with them trying to get them to retain the flight. It could be seasonal though, they might bring it back in winter (that last is just my own opinion)...
regards!

Transat

Jan 1, 2002
Really sad!

American Airlines will b part of history in POP.

Since santiago was opened this was seen to come.

The question now!

WHAT WILL DO AERODOM KNOW?

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
well, since American Airlines doesn't transport american tourists to Dominicana they will have to forget about this flight soon. Travellers like cheap packages offered by Apple Vacations. I think that if they will say good - bye to NYC POP they will have to cancell sooner or later flight to MIA too, everybody is flying out of Miami. Probably they will transfer NYC POP frequency to STI.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
aviastar said:
well, since American Airlines doesn't transport american tourists to Dominicana they will have to forget about this flight soon. Travellers like cheap packages offered by Apple Vacations. I think that if they will say good - bye to NYC POP they will have to cancell sooner or later flight to MIA too, everybody is flying out of Miami. Probably they will transfer NYC POP frequency to STI.

Post #1168 and once again pure speculation. Why not stop making things up? Tourists don't need made up stories.

What does the sentence mean that AA doesn't transport tourists to "Dominicana" (wherever that is)? Assuming you mean the DR they seem to have a lot of flights to and from the USA.

Also note (you and others) that the current AA schedule (both printed and the online version) has flights from JFK to POP non stop Tues, Thrs., Friday, Saturday day up to 9/9 and after 9/9 - Flight 1797 in a 767 then a 757 after 9/9. You can go try to book Flight 1797 now if you want proof. The one 9/18 has 57 passengers on it. December 17th, has 48.

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
ricktoronto said:
Post #1168 and once again pure speculation. Why not stop making things up? Tourists don't need made up stories.

What does the sentence mean that AA doesn't transport tourists to "Dominicana" (wherever that is)? Assuming you mean the DR they seem to have a lot of flights to and from the USA.

Also note (you and others) that the current AA schedule (both printed and the online version) has flights from JFK to POP non stop Tues, Thrs., Friday, Saturday day up to 9/9 and after 9/9 - Flight 1797 in a 767 then a 757 after 9/9. You can go try to book Flight 1797 now if you want proof. The one 9/18 has 57 passengers on it. December 17th, has 48.

I have fourteen seats booked on AA flts. 1797 and 1798 for 10/02/04 and 10/09/04. I have checked my reservations online and there have been NO CHANGES (so far)
John

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Don't Believe Everything (or ANYTHING) You Read

One unsubstantiated article is all Aviastar needs to make up all sorts of things with absolutely NO proof. To say nothing of the partially nonsensical parts of that particular post.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Just because.......

........you see the flights online and in their printed timetable means nothing. The same thing happened when they got rid of 621 and 642 to POP. The flights had bookings on them up to 1 year in advance and then all of a sudden EVENTUALLY ONE DAY you'll look at your reservation and it'll be changed. YOU CAN'T BELIEVE A THING AA SAYS. Between family and friends treveling almost every month for he last 11 years to POP with AA, believe me, your reservation on a flight MEANS NOTHING. JUST WAIT!

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
If you don't work there, tehn..........

POP Bad Boy said:
........you see the flights online and in their printed timetable means nothing. The same thing happened when they got rid of 621 and 642 to POP. The flights had bookings on them up to 1 year in advance and then all of a sudden EVENTUALLY ONE DAY you'll look at your reservation and it'll be changed. YOU CAN'T BELIEVE A THING AA SAYS. Between family and friends treveling almost every month for he last 11 years to POP with AA, believe me, your reservation on a flight MEANS NOTHING. JUST WAIT!

Don't make categorical statements about a decision that has apparently not been made. One article in one (not all newspapers and not in Listin Diario or Hoy so far) isn't policy. You have a bone against AA for whatever reason, and frankly, you and Aviastar telling me that it was raining while my boots were filling with water in a thunderstorm would not convince me it was actually raining. Take your grudges somewhere else.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
It's not a grudge...........

.............it just makes sense..................

When you are able to book flights ahead for 1 year it would never be possible to cancel a flight. Just because the flights are showing now, DOESN'T mean that they won't be cancelled tomorrow.

Being Platinum with AA for many years, I've seen them operate. I don't like the idea of them leaving POP, but I know many "employees" of AA and they say, yes, they will be leaving, but the exact date may still not be firm. AND, if you think I may be wrong, please explain what happened to flights 621 and 642. There were MANY people that had advance seats on those flights too.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Had some beers with the regional manager

He says they are withdrawing all together because of pressure from DR1 board members to operate under the name "North American Airlines" or "United States Airlines" with a few votes for "Arrogant, Egocentric World-View Airlines". ;)

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
MrMike said:
He says they are withdrawing all together because of pressure from DR1 board members to operate under the name "North American Airlines" or "United States Airlines" with a few votes for "Arrogant, Egocentric World-View Airlines". ;)

Good one, MrMike.

Gregg

:laugh: :laugh:

Jun 5, 2004
POP Bad Boy said:

Actually it was 621 at 7am and 611 at 10am return 642 at 12pm and 664 at 3pm I LOVED FLIGHT 621 AA needs more service to nyc

Apr 26, 2002
MrMike said:
How about "New World Order Hegemonic Empire Airlines"? :p

Regardless of what you think of the posters, the trend is pretty obvious, don't you think. Santiago is becoming the "Dominican-York" airport, and Puerto Plata is becoming the "Package Tour Gringos" airport. The result may be that landing activity at Puerto Plata becomes even more highly seasonal.

This may turn out to be a blessing for the tour operators: They get their own "sterile" facility.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
according to AA?s new schedules NYC POP published in systems they will operate the route, flights are served by B767-300

AA1798 D POP JFK 8 346P 719P 0 01JUL04 07SEP04 763 3:33
AA1798 2456 POP JFK 8 346P 719P 0 09SEP04 30OCT04 763 3:33
AA1798 2456 POP JFK 8 603P 840P 0 02NOV04 14DEC04 757 3:37
AA1798 D POP JFK 8 600P 840P 0 16DEC04 02APR05 757 3:40

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Somewhat different than the original post

Those look like flights taking place not cancellations. What a load of panic button pushing ill informed doofi starting all this hubbub.