Society Life

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
Hi. How are you all doing? This might be a wierd question but I was wondering if the Dominican Republic has any secret societies, I was seeing a show on the History channel tallking about United States history and Secret Societies [ie Bone & Skulls] and I was wondering if the DR has any Secret Societies, such as Yales University famous secret society. Hope I get some good responses. How about the Trinitarios? Do they still exist?

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
capodominicano said:
I was seeing a show on the History channel tallking about United States history and Secret Societies [ie Bone & Skulls] and I was wondering if the DR has any Secret Societie. Do they still exist?

How about the [sankie and puta society]? They aren't very secret but they sure have a lot of members.

Larry

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
Pib said:
It can't be secret if you know about it.

:speechles

I know but like all the secret societies of before are not very secret just exclusive such as Yales U. Bone & Skulls, we know about them yet what they do is very secretive. Secret Societies such as these can be found all over the US and I was wondering if there are any in the DR. Are the trinitarios still around. They were [are?] a secret society for the liberation of DR, that's all I know but would like to know more about SS in the shaping of past, present and future Dominican history.

MONCHI8

Jul 9, 2003
There's a chapter of Masons here in DR and also Opus Dei. I don't know how secret they both are but worldwide they're pretty influential.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
MONCHI8 said:
There's a chapter of Masons here in DR and also Opus Dei. I don't know how secret they both are but worldwide they're pretty influential.
Saying that Opus Dei is "pretty influential" is like saying a hit in the head with a 2X4 can cause a Headache. An extreme understatment!
And yes there are secret societies in the D.R.