Any Buses from POP to Santiago???

R.Dennis

Apr 1, 2004
I have a round trip ticket into POP for $130 all taxes included :) leaving friday on August 13th coming back to Atlanta August 17th. I will arrive to POP at 1:30pm and wanted to spend the day and night in Santiago on firday, to hit the scene and hang out with friends I know there before heading back to Sosua/Caberete early Saturday morning for the remainder of my trip. Are there any buses that go directly from Puerto Plata Airport to Santiago? Time is a issue here since I want to get to Santiago ASAP for some Friday chill time. If anyone knows the schedules or companies I can call for assistance in this matter to get me to Santiago directly from POP I would appreciate it! Thanks! :cheeky:

Last edited:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
R.Dennis said:
I have a round trip ticket into POP for $130 all taxes included :) leaving friday on August 13th coming back to Atlanta August 17th. I will arrive to POP at 1:30pm and wanted to spend the day and night in Santiago on firday, to hit the scene and hang out with friends I know there before heading back to Sosua/Caberete early Saturday morning for the remainder of my trip. Are there any buses that go directly from Puerto Plata Airport to Santiago? Time is a issue here since I want to get to Santiago ASAP for some Friday chill time. If anyone knows the schedules or companies I can call for assistance in this matter to get me to Santiago directly from POP I would appreciate it! Thanks! :cheeky:

NO buses enter the airport at PoP other than staff busses & tourist busses!! There are NO public busses!! You will need to geta taxi from the airport to PoP to catch either the Caribbe Tours or Metro Tours busses (Taxi fare approx US $20/25) or go to Sosua & get the Caribbe tours bus that leaves from there! Alternative (as time is of an essence to you), get a taxi to Santiago. Negotiate your price but expect to pay in the region of US $60 plus! - Grahame.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
No buses from the airport to Santiago. Take a taxi to Sosua or Puerto Plata to the Caribe Tours bus terminal. Buses leave Sosua 20 minutes past every hour during the day and from Puerto Plata on the hour. With your afternoon arrival, you'll have no trouble getting to Santiago the same day by Caribe Tours.

Depending on when you get in the taxi, Sosua is closer than Puerto Plata to the airport and will cost you about US$5 less in taxi charges. To be safe, allow 20 minutes to get to the Sosua terminal and 30 minutes to get to the Puerto Plata terminal. The buses leave on schedule.

R.Dennis

Apr 1, 2004
Renting a Car for the Day?

BushBaby said:
NO buses enter the airport at PoP other than staff busses & tourist busses!! There are NO public busses!! You will need to geta taxi from the airport to PoP to catch either the Caribbe Tours or Metro Tours busses (Taxi fare approx US $20/25) or go to Sosua & get the Caribbe tours bus that leaves from there! Alternative (as time is of an essence to you), get a taxi to Santiago. Negotiate your price but expect to pay in the region of US $60 plus! - Grahame.

Hmmm, maybe renting a car for the day would be better? It's going to be me and a friend arrving at POP and I've been to the DR b/4 so I've seen there driving habits, I've lived in LA and currently live in ATL so I know how crazy drivers can be. I figure we can split the costs of a rental car and return the car to Sosua/Cabarete on Saturday when we roll back to the north coast Saturday morning (After a looonngg night :p ) from Santiago for the last 3 days and return the car there! What do you guys think?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Haven't you still got to get from the airport to a car rental in Sosua? Or if you rent at the airport & return it to the airport, then you still need to get from the airport to Sosua on the Saturday......so either way a taxi has to feature somewhere.

R.Dennis

Apr 1, 2004
Adventure Rental Car?

Lambada said:
Haven't you still got to get from the airport to a car rental in Sosua? Or if you rent at the airport & return it to the airport, then you still need to get from the airport to Sosua on the Saturday......so either way a taxi has to feature somewhere.

I've researched in previous posts that with Adventure Rental Car I can rent it at th airport then return the car in Sosua/Cabarete the next day since they have offices in both locations! Any truth to that guys?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Do you know the fastest way to Santiago by road?

Supposing that you get the rental, do you know how to get to Santiago by the Carretera Tur?stica?

In the daytime there is not much of a problem, although there are still some scary places where the waashouts have not been fixed. They were working on them the last time I went by but that was a few weeks ago..

PM me or email me for detailed instructions so you don't get lost!!

HB :D:D

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
R.Dennis said:

$130 round trip from ATL? Where did you find that?

R.Dennis

Apr 1, 2004
That's what family' is for!

xamaicano said:
$130 round trip from ATL? Where did you find that?

My cousin works for a airline company that goes air charter down there! :cheeky:

R.Dennis

Apr 1, 2004
A Few..

xamaicano said:
Who does charters out of ATL?

Vacation Express and Apple Vacations Charter out of Atlanta but connect in different cities (VE-Orlando). When the VacEx hub was in ATL you used to be able to get real good deals. I remember last summer I got a round trip to Montego Bay for 99 dollars(123 w/taxes for a 4 night stay)

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
R.Dennis said:
Vacation Express and Apple Vacations Charter out of Atlanta but connect in different cities (VE-Orlando). When the VacEx hub was in ATL you used to be able to get real good deals. I remember last summer I got a round trip to Montego Bay for 99 dollars(123 w/taxes for a 4 night stay)

Thanks.