Best All-Inclusive in Puerta Plata?

vakuform

Apr 19, 2003
vakuform.homestead.com
Greetings DR fans,
I am not one to cower in an all-inclusive - I have traveled all over the DR on 5 trips - Santiago, Sosua, Jarabacoa, Constanza, Cabarete, Rio San Juan, Cabrera, etc.

But, I want to bring my Dominican girl to a nice impressive all-inclusive for her birthday. It's only for a long weekend so I was looking to stay in Puerta Plata. Any recommendations? Jack Tar?

Thanks

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
sliverghost said:
IMHO Coral Marien and Iberostar are probably the two best in POP. You will be happy at either. Check out:

http://www.debbiesdominicantravel.com/northcoast.html

I concur with sliverghost (silverghost) with the minor exception that I personally find the Vacation Club people at Marien Coral by Hilton to be offensive while there are none of these at the Iberostar Costa Dorada.

Mi dos pesos.

Gregg

My friend by all means goto the Coral Marien hotel, If you want to save money make the reservation in your girls name and have her check in with her Cedula and you will get in for 1/2 what you would pay normally (Dominican price) 809-320-1515. the staff is great enjoy.
Badpiece

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There might be a problem there

If his "girlfriend" cannot show a credit card and present herself as a person of stature, they might not treat her very nicely. If you know what I mean.

Sorry, but those are facts of life in this country.

YOu will be better off doing the signing in on your own.

HB wishing your stay to be everything you hope it will be.

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
I agree with silverghost as well. However, I like Jack Tar because it is adults only. No kids running around the pool...

daisyone

Aug 16, 2003
vakuform said:
Greetings DR fans,
I am not one to cower in an all-inclusive - I have traveled all over the DR on 5 trips - Santiago, Sosua, Jarabacoa, Constanza, Cabarete, Rio San Juan, Cabrera, etc.

But, I want to bring my Dominican girl to a nice impressive all-inclusive for her birthday. It's only for a long weekend so I was looking to stay in Puerta Plata. Any recommendations? Jack Tar?

Thanks
I havent been to any other A-I beside the Sun Village in POP, but the reason is because we were wo impressed! Great place, great staff, clean resort. The food is even pretty good!

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
I think Jack Tar outclass any other AI in Playa Dorada. it is an adults only resort. For some it may be seem like the enviroment around the hotel maybe a little "laid back". It is ideal for couples or people looking for relaxation rather than the standard 24 hour caribbean party atmosphere that most dominican AI resort try to display. You can pick any AI in Playa Dorada but for your satisfaction and comfort be sure not to choose Puerto Plata Village.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Have stayed at the PPVillage on recent working trips to Puerto Plata. Would recommend the hotel for those planning to rent a car and spend lots of time outside the resort touring. The rooms are large and comfortable, lots of parking near your room available. Gives you a sense of privacy and peace and being on your own.

See http://dr1.com/directories/index.shtml for links to Puerto Plata hotels.

cameron

Jun 27, 2004
Pop Ai

Keith&Cris said:
I'm only replying so I can be subscribed to this thread! Cause I don't know how to do it otherwise!! I also want to know what's the best AI in POP area.

I have stayed at the RIU Merengue and the Sosua Bay Hotel and both were very very nice.

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
vakuform said:
Greetings DR fans,

Thanks

We have stayed at the Coral (by Hilton) Marien six times in the past two years and also own a time-share there. We love the place!!! As has been mentioned the staff is terrific, food is very good, and there is plenty to do or, if you prefer just chill out! You will have a wonderful time there, I guarantee it!!
John
P.S. I will not refund your money if you don't like it! :cheeky:

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi Keith&Cris,

Greetings from Nova Scotia.

No.

ICD is about 1 - 2 km. west of Playa Dorada in Costa Dorada and about 20km. east of Sosua.

Gregg

URock

Feb 10, 2003
Vacation Club..........

FireGuy said:
I concur with sliverghost (silverghost) with the minor exception that I personally find the Vacation Club people at Marien Coral by Hilton to be offensive while there are none of these at the Iberostar Costa Dorada.

Mi dos pesos.

Gregg

You got that right......... It's definitely not worth the t-shirt that they offer.

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
coral marien

vakuform said:
Greetings DR fans,

Thanks

Coral Marien by far! And I haven't had any problemas with the Vacation Club, you say no and they leave you alone. They aren't pushy, atleast not with me. I was there in Apirl for two weeks, just got back on Sunday for a week, and I'll be there in October for a week, and then again in New Years. I love it! Ad it's about $200 cheaper then Iberostar, and alot better! Foods better, shows are better, and the people are friendlier. At leat I thought so. :bunny:

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
Stayed at the Riu Mambo. It was beautiful. Most definetly would return there. Looking at the specials on line they are a little more expensive than Coral Marien and Playa Dorada. Next trip we are planning to stay at the Coral Marien simply cause we haven't been there before and have heard a lot of good things about it, but don't discard the Riu's they are wonderful.
Minni

hooptie2

Feb 9, 2004
Coral Marien

I concur with my friend JohnSr. The Coral Marien is a great resort. We just got back Sunday nite from a wonderful one week stay. We have been there 3 times since Januray and are planning on returning the last part of October. The resort is clean and the staff is wonderful. If you are the laid back vacation type or are the type that wants to participate in the various games, contests or "discoing it" til the early morning hours this is the place to go. It's layout is perfect if you don't want to be treaking allover the resort to get from point A to point B.