Memories of Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicanHeart

Jul 2, 2004
My first trip to POP was in 1985, and the last time I was there was 1990. I'm headed back on the 28th and I'm very excited although I know it has changed quite a bit. While looking through photos last night I came across a few that brought back some great memories. Does anyone remember the Playa Dorado Hotel? I think it's an Occidental now if I'm not mistaken. I found a picture of a doorman/porter. He was about 7 1/2 feet tall in a bright pink suit and pink top hat! Oh to be young again!! :disappoin

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Do come into town (Puerto Plata).....lots more buildings, much more expansion of nice residential areas e.g. Bayardo, Torre Alta over the last 14 years. The people are still as nice as ever, although getting tired of the blackouts!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
DominicanHeart said:
My first trip to POP was in 1985, and the last time I was there was 1990. I'm headed back on the 28th and I'm very excited although I know it has changed quite a bit. While looking through photos last night I came across a few that brought back some great memories. Does anyone remember the Playa Dorado Hotel? I think it's an Occidental now if I'm not mistaken. I found a picture of a doorman/porter. He was about 7 1/2 feet tall in a bright pink suit and pink top hat! Oh to be young again!! :disappoin

The Playa Dorada Hotel is still there (as you say, now Occidental) & it has been refurbished a couple of times. The Pink suited doorman/porter is no longer there (nor his TopHat) but the friendly greeting will remain & if anyone who worked there in '85/'90 still works there, ...... They WILL remember YOU!!

What do you mean "Oh to be young again"??? We moved here in 1992 & I have only aged two years in that time!! You are as young as the girl/boy you are standing next to (depending on the number of Presidentes you have consumed up to that time!!!).

Have a great holiday & as Lambada says, get into town & visit us all. - Grahame.

Status
Not open for further replies.