Overheard Conversation on Playa Dorada Golf Course

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
After a really long and exasperating day on the golf course, Grahame
turns to his caddy and says ...

"You must be the absolute world's worst golf caddy".

"I don't think so" replied the caddy sarcastically, "That would
be too much of a coincidence"

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Actual coversation at Playa Dorada caddy shack today.

This is not meant to be a laughing matter, but it did seem to have some links to the above.
I learnt today of the death of Ignacio, one of the caddies at Playa Dorada Golf Course. I am sure he was known to many residents & tourists alike. I know that HillBilly knew him & I'm sure many other DR1ers did too. Condolences to his family. His last few months were difficult ones, due to illness. May where you are now, be more peaceful than where you were, Ignacio. R.I.P.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Ken: I am sorry to say this was a bad moment

for this joke, which fits me to a TEE.

However, the timing was off, since my friend Ignacio just passed away a couple of days ago.

A caddy, a good caddy, like Ignacio, could earn a decent living at Playa Dorada. Many of them even migrated to Canada or the US, helped out by their players. In some cases, not unlike golf-sankies. Others have gone on to become Caddy Masters and Professionals--as is the case in Playa Grande.
Playa Dorada has some of the nicest caddies in the world and their reputation is well deserved.

I can't criticize the joke, just point out the unfortunate timing--I know you did not know...

HB