Starting an adoption agency

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Dr. James Jordan, who is a lawyer in Toronto, Canada, practices family law and currently has adoption agnecies in China, Thailand, and Taiwan. He is interested in partnering with a reputable law firm to set up a similar adoption agency in DR.

Dr. Jordan's email address is dr.jordan@bellnet.ca

Hillbilly or Robert, do you know of any reputable individual lawyer or law firm that would fit the bill?

Thanks,
Shad

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sorry Shad but this would contravene

About all of the DR's adoption laws

If this were even remotely possible, it would solve a lot of heartbreak for a whole lot of folks and a bunch of impoverished Dominican kids.

But adoption proceedures here are so complicated and time consuming that I cannot conceive of it ever happening. Ask Dr. Fabio Guzm?n, our legal beagle about this, and he can explain the technicalities that are involved.

HB

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Hillbilly said:
But adoption proceedures here are so complicated and time consuming that I cannot conceive of it ever happening. Ask Dr. Fabio Guzm?n, our legal beagle about this, and he can explain the technicalities that are involved.

HB

You need to post your question in the Legal section to get a response from Fabio Guzman.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Move to legal

Ken said:
You need to post your question in the Legal section to get a response from Fabio Guzman.

Hi Ken, do you know how I can move this to the Legal forum?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
shadInToronto said:
Hi Ken, do you know how I can move this to the Legal forum?

Sure, when you first open dr1, you get the daily news summary. The next page lists all the forums with a brief description of each. Click of Legal and the Legal section will open. Then click on the new message button to start a thread. Same as you did with this , but a different section.

Or, after reading this post you can check the rest of the list of threads and if you find one that has Legal in the last column, click on Legal and the Legal section will open.

Fabio Guzman, a very competent lawyer, responds to posts in that section. That would be the place to find out if the laws of the DR permit something such as you are proposing.