DR Dating culture

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
What is the prevailing cultural attitude with Dominican women regarding nationalities and age?

How normal and accepted is it for younger ladies (25-30ish) to date and be seriously involved with older guys (45-55)? Some of my friends tell me it is extremely common in the culture, when it's looked down on in the states.

Would being a white American hinder or help the dating game, or be of no consequence?

I'm not referring to the "professionals" so prevalent in the area, but normal, "good" girls?

Since knowledge is power, it's best to understand the rules before I come down there for several months...

TIA

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Birds of a feather....

A lot will depend on just who and what you are and with whom you associate. Of course being free white and 21 is a major plus, unless you're a perfect nitwit.

If you are cultured, educated, polite and courteous, mix with the right people at the right places, there will certainly be some nice young lady to be your partner. It is my way of thinking and I can be way, way off here, that many of the "nice" professional women are looking for permanent relationships, but are just a tad bit "freer" than they were 30 years ago. So's you don't buy a "pig in a poke" so to speak.

As Forrest Gump said: Handsome is as handsome does....

HB

dadli

Jul 23, 2004
www.bonairecaribbean.com
Dating younger DR partners

I have been dating a younger male Dominican for over 2 years. It's got its ups and downs like any relationship. The major issue at hand is the cultural differences, his machismo ways and of course the age gap.

Anything can work..age is a number but surely a consideration,

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
cobraboy said:
Would being a white American hinder or help the dating game, or be of no consequence?

I'm not referring to the "professionals" so prevalent in the area, but normal, "good" girls?

Knowing the language fluently and not trying to be the swingin' dick from the good ol' US of A (or UK or Italy, etc.) is a big set of pluses.

Good girls of the upper classes probably won't even look but there are good girls in the clerk and bank teller and similar categories that probably would find the idea quite enticing.

However, if you can't carry on a conversation then like in North America it would get stale fast. For you too, since the sex can't sustain it all by itself.

And white I think means nothing - there are a lot of not too dark DR gals anyway so they might be most attracted if they are thinking marriage and a good life coming.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Fully agree.. lot's of good girls that will be interested in a nice cultured gentleman of reasonable means to provide stability for a family and who doesn't f*ck around...

Be nice, speak the language, act normal (but like a man), dress conservative and you'll do fine

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Especially

MerengueDutchie said:
Be nice, speak the language, act normal (but like a man), dress conservative and you'll do fine

No black socks with sandals. Any socks for that matter. And no Speedo unless you are Greg Louganis.

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
ricktoronto said:
No black socks with sandals. Any socks for that matter. And no Speedo unless you are Greg Louganis.

Greg Louganis is gay so he can wear speedos.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Right

AlaninDR said:
Greg Louganis is gay so he can wear speedos.

This guy is straight and looking for girls so he has to abide by the sandals/Speedos regulations.

Yan-Yan

Sep 22, 2003
Two left feet is a big turn-off!!!

One important advise: LEARN TO DANCE!!

There is little worse than a man that can't dance and has no rhythm!!

Merengue, Salsa, Rock, whatever... You need to move right!!!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Please don't forget!!

ricktoronto said:
And, please, no long white socks with white sneakers, you know, the ones that some touritst wear with the ugly shirt and the knee-high shorts.

Have money (Dollars), will travel far with the ladies, sankiettes or not!!!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
ricktoronto said:
This guy is straight and looking for girls so he has to abide by the sandals/Speedos regulations.
I don't wear a speedo, 'cuz I don't want Greg Louganis looking at me...

One thing I have noticed in life (at least life in the US): the more money I have, the more charming and better looking the ladies think I am...

:D

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
may have to do with security

cobraboy said:

One thing I have noticed in life (at least life in the US): the more money I have, the more charming and better looking the ladies think I am...

more money usually means more secure.. you (unconsiously) project this in how you behave yourself..

More secure is more attractive

GreyGhost

Jun 4, 2003
No speedo

Okay,
Leave the speedo at home! :classic: Try to speak the language! :rolleyes: Act like a gentleman with (dollars) got that! Be charming and dress conservatively! :cool:

As for that sock and sandal combo, and the high white socks, I see enough of that in Fla.. Never understood it!

Hola Senoritas, Count me in! :lick:

mackhard

Sep 20, 2002
cobraboy said:

Ask any woman and she will tell you, Bill Gates is one of the most handsome men in the world :smoke:

lizzyjl80

Jun 16, 2004
Agree With You 100%

Yan-Yan said:
One important advise: LEARN TO DANCE!!

There is little worse than a man that can't dance and has no rhythm!!

Merengue, Salsa, Rock, whatever... You need to move right!!!
There is nothing worse than a man that cant dance no matter if your young, cute, money or no money.

GreyGhost

Jun 4, 2003
Dancing machine

I agree with the can't dance. When I was young, a more experienced woman gave me a piece of advice that I will never forget.( I was shy and didn't dance!)

Men that can't dance are not good lovers! No rhythm in bed!

First thing I did was learn to dance and I love it. Only thing is I'm a lttle shy, so a couple beers and a shot and I'm ready to go.

It's all about the rhythm and girls that goes for you too! Listen to the music and dance.................the bedsrping boogie :bunny: , horizontal bop :bunny: and the mattress mambo! :bunny:

Get out and shake it!! :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

GG

Yan-Yan

Sep 22, 2003
That's a good one!!!

mackhard said:
Ask any woman and she will tell you, Bill Gates is one of the most handsome men in the world :smoke:

... It is a joke, right?? :confused: