your advice on late night eats???

L

Loren

Hey, I have a question for you guys; Everytime we are in the capital, my girlfriend always gets mad at me because I cant find anywhere open to eat after we leave the clubs. (Like I am supposed to know her country better than her!) The only place I know of open that late in the Capital is the PicaLonga out west near Mirador Sur and Dominican Fiesta. Does anyone else know good spots to eat at 3 or 4 in the morning in the capital? What about in Boca Chica or San Pedro de Macoris?

By the way, PicaLonga is great, if you like fried fat. I wouldnt eat it regularly (dietary reasons, not health), but I like taking my friends there when its their first time in the country. The food is simple and cheap. Deep fried longaniza, Plantains, fries, etc. I forget the proper address, I think its on Romulo Betancourt, about 3 or 4 blocks west of the area near the Embajador.

J

Jim Hinsch

In Boca Chica, La Criolla restaurant, directly across from La Noria and Zanzi Bar on the main strip of Calle Duarte about a block from the park is packed with people eating at 4am. The food is good Dominican food too.

Jim Hinsch JimHinsch@CSI.COM

S

sean

The El Provocon 4to in Gazcue is open 24 hours. Check out www.roughguides.com for the exact address. They've got heaping plates of pollo al carbon, rice, beans, plantains, beer, etc .

L

Loren

There are 2 fast food restaurants on 27th that I remember passing by that seemed to be open 24 hours, and also delivered. They seemed to be part of a local chain. One was on the north side of the street near Maximo Gomez, and the other one was on the south side of the street closer to Duarte, where they are doing all that construction. Does anyone know anything about these? Is the food good?

T

Tom

I'm pretty sure the one you reference on av 27 is a Subway. There is a great place if you are looking for "American" food called the New York Deli on Indepence about 3 blocks east of the San Geronimo, about behingd what was the Sheraton

Tom