Punta Cana - July 31st

Hockeyman200

Jun 25, 2004
Rumour has it, most resorts are booked solid, if not overbooked??
Could anyone clarify that??
What happens if your resort has overbooked???
I almost 100% sure that Grand Flamenco has overbooked

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Hockeyman200 said:

It's not unusual for Grand Flamenco to overbooked, it happens all the time from Canada. The tourist are then booked in to their affiliated resort the Allergo and it's usually for a couple of days.

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
Hockeyman200 said:

I belive that the hotel will shuffle you off to another resort until the vacancies
come up in the hotel you originally booked. I know that people have booked at the Iberostar, and have been kept at the Coral Marien until a room becomes available at the Iberostar. And I know Jack Tar has been known for it as well. It's kindof a piss off b/c you want to go to the place you paid for, but it's also sort of cool b/c you get to stay at two different places for the price of one, so you get to sample the different hotels. :bunny:

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
Hockeyman200 said:
If this happens to me, will I be dissappointed with the Allegro compared to the Flamenco?

Are you in Punta Cana or Puerto Plata? I know the Allegro in Puerto Plata is o.k. It's a smaller hotel then Flamenco but the food is awesome, not sure about the Punta Cana side though....

But I know that people who have had this problem and have gotten major benefits...ie discounts on another stay, or flight discounts....sometimes this inconvience lasts for two or three days. But you can always "demand" to get something out of it! :bunny:

Hockeyman200

Jun 25, 2004
Yeah, your right. But I try to think positive. I'll be in Punta Cana and I'll just relax and enjoy whatever happens.
Besides, i don't think I'll have a problem at 7pm on a Sat. night getting a room at the Grand Flamenco when there are still guests to arrive on Sunday.
Right?...........

Yan-Yan

Sep 22, 2003
Ask for Compensation!!

Almost all resorts of Punta Cana are either sold-out or overbooked for most part of August.

If they "bump" you to another hotel, just make sure to ask for compensation from the hotel that you originaly booked.

It's normal procedure for resorts that bump a guest to grant them a complimentary return stay (hotel portion only) for the number of nights that you have been relocated somewhere else....

Just make sure you INSIST on being compensated.... It works!!

Regards,

Yan-Yan.

Hockeyman200

Jun 25, 2004
Arriving Sat. or Sun?

I will ask for compensation but in reality when arriving on a Saturday your odds are a lot better than say a guest arriving on a Sunday right?????

Yan-Yan

Sep 22, 2003
Hockeyman200 said:
I will ask for compensation but in reality when arriving on a Saturday your odds are a lot better than say a guest arriving on a Sunday right?????

Not really... Who will stay in the resort will depend mostly on the Tour Operator the client is travelling with.

There are very strong Tour Operators that bring in a huge amount of business to some resorts... Those clients are "untouchable" (term used in the hotels)... And that will vary by resort.

Most clients travel to PUJ by charter, so almost every day the resorts have turnover of clients... Your arrrival day has little to do, as sometimes you can be moved even if the resort has rooms available, just to have the room vacant for another arrival a couple of days ahead - for one of those "untouchable" Tour Operators-... Trick of the trade :ermm:

Saludos and whatever happens, make the best of it!

Yan-Yan.

NubeLuz

Jul 23, 2004
Hockeyman200 said:

What you could do first is call your travel agent and ask him/her to call the tour operators to see if there are any hotel bumpings for your hotel. The tour op usually gets advised by the hotel a couple of days prior to departure... If your hotel is over booked, you will probably be moved to the Occidental Allegro PUJ, which is the sister property in Punta Cana. It is pretty nice, I know people that just came back from there last sat (they stayed for 2 weeks) and loved it. It just went under major 6 million $ renovations last winter and is very nice now. Of course, you will be moved there if that one is not over booked as well. If it is, they have to reprotect you to a equal or better hotel and make sure they also give you a compensation for moving you like this last minute!!!!! I wish you good liuck and great vacations !!!! ;)
NubeLuz

Wannago

May 27, 2004
Hockeyman200 said:
If this happens to me, will I be dissappointed with the Allegro compared to the Flamenco?

I'm not sure about the Flamenco, but the Allegro was nice when we stayed there. My sister has stayed at Allegro in Punta Cana five times and has enjoyed her stays also. Her last stay at the end of June did involve some power outages, but otherwise everything was great.

Have a great vacation.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Reason #143 to Avoid AI's

Overbooking. Too MANY identical people that you just flew away from.

Hockeyman200

Jun 25, 2004
No worries

I'm not too worried anymore, just spoke with guest services at the hotel and they claim that they are overbooked but we will not get bumped on Saturday when we arrive. In fact, they are going to do something special for my girlfriend and I (soon to be fiancee) upon our arrival.
Can't wait :nervous:

Hockeyman200

Jun 25, 2004
Just got back

Just got back from my holiday at the Grand Flamenco - Punta Cana. I had a great time. Although the hotel was overbooked and at capacity, they were very accomodating and much to my surprise we got "ocean front". I would recommend this hotel to anyone.