Need Bakery (pref. Dominican) & Florist in/near Cabarete

Sukie

Jun 26, 2002
Hi everyone - Can someone provide me w/the name and location of a bakery in/near Cabarete that makes Dominican bizcocho (cake)? I also need the name and location of a good florist. I'm planning a last-minute wedding. Thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
What the heck do you want that crap for?

Now if you mean a good pound cake, that is different. But the general run of Dominican birthday cakes would make a rat throw up....Decades of experience....

Right there in Sosua you have that wonderful German bakery that is the best we have in the whole area.!!

Unless you want to get in touch with Lida Moscoso for a cake that will make your guests swoon or with Pilar Severino that has a "golden "touch with birthday cakes...And I (we) have 4 kids and we had 7 foster kids so we know birthday cakes!!!!! :D:D:D

Check out the German place first..

HB

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
There is a good bakery in Sosua on the highway directly opposite the Playero supermarket. A good florist is around the corner from the bakery. It faces the side of the Remax building.

ggparts

Mar 20, 2003
German Bakery in Sosua is Awesome

Do not overlook this spot even if you just go for coffee, it's been there for ever (first time I was there was 1986) must mean something, no?

Sukie

Jun 26, 2002
ggparts said:
Do not overlook this spot even if you just go for coffee, it's been there for ever (first time I was there was 1986) must mean something, no?

Okay, okay, I'll check out the German bakery. I only need a simple white round cake. I'll place some flowers on top and call it a day. Speaking of flowers, any suggestions for a florist?

Sukie

Jun 26, 2002
Peter & Alex said:
A little place on the corner of the street from the main highway to La Roca in Sosua. Opposite the Playero Supermercado and Bomaritto/Remax.

Sosua is turning out to be a one-stop wedding-shopping trip. Mil gracias to all of you for making it easy for me.