Is there electricity when the government wants there to be?

ritzy

Jun 17, 2004
I just spoke with my boyfriend today and he was telling me that there will be protests over the 21 hour blackouts taking place all over, maybe today...and lo and behold - of course, today there is la luz (at least where he is) and has been for quite a few hours.

To avoid rioting would be a good reason I'm guessing for the coincidence. :(

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Read the news, Ritzy-----

Yesterday the government put out RD$1.2 billion pesos for fuel. RD$400 million for just the hospitals and the rest for other fuels. The day before the President, calling himself a "sinverg?enza" because he felt he should not have to do it-paid US$26 million to Itabo, Smith-Enron and Cogentrix in SPM.

Perhaps in your b/f's area one of the plants is on-line and giving service until next week or so.

We have not had any lights today-so far-- and have not experienced any real improvement of the situation that has hit us over the past two months.

The government cannot "fix" the situation with the snap of the fingers or the signing of a check. It has gotten too deep for that...

HB

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
There are two things that as I see it would fix the problem:

1) credit people who produce energy for their contributions, either in cash or tax credits. (If you produce more electricity than you consume, your meter will run backwards, so it's a simple matter of reading the meter) It is estimated that the private generators in the country have more output than the national grid.

2) require people to present a recent invoice from the electric company at regular intervals (anually) , or else an official affidavitt stating they do not wish to participate in the electrical grid (such homes would be inspected regularly to ensure that thye are not actually connected)

Of course the general thievery on all levels isn't helping either, and neither are, (I'm sorry to say) the millions of inverters out there.