DR to Costa Rica (SJO)

timelessdreams

Apr 5, 2004
Hey DR Keyboard Pals!

Does anyone know of an airline that flies between the DR (POP, STO, or PUC)
to Costa Rica? I have searched AA, United, Continental and keep getting (We can't process your request because the originating flight is not in the US.) I tried searching 'google' and only listing was whichbudget.com which only had budget flights to Madrid listed.

Any direction is GREATLY appreciated!

Susie

timelessdreams

Apr 5, 2004
santobonao said:
Hi susie there is no direct flights from san jose to santo domingo.

Thank you, Santobonao....However, does that mean no flights at all, or no direct 'non-stop' flights? Would you happen to know of an inexpensive route to perhaps put together? Maybe likely that no one has traveled from the DR to Costa Rica?

Thanks again!
Susie

xxeonzz

May 30, 2004
Well...

There probably arent any non-stop flights but have you tried flights thru Panama City, Caracas or Miami? When trying to connect to a city in Latin America not flying directly to the DR, always look for connecting flights thru those cities. That said, try Copa Airlines (Panama)... this will probably give you the shortest connecting flight. You can also try Aeropostal or Avensa (Venezuela, not sure if they fly to Costa Rica) or AA if you have a US visa.

timelessdreams

Apr 5, 2004
xxeonzz said:
There probably arent any non-stop flights but have you tried flights thru Panama City, Caracas or Miami? When trying to connect to a city in Latin America not flying directly to the DR, always look for connecting flights thru those cities. That said, try Copa Airlines (Panama)... this will probably give you the shortest connecting flight. You can also try Aeropostal or Avensa (Venezuela, not sure if they fly to Costa Rica) or AA if you have a US visa.

Thanks for the info, xxeonzz....
I'll check the airlines you mentioned. (I am a US citizen / soon to be DR resident.)

Susie

wunderone

May 12, 2004
travelocity good for airfare searches originating outside USA

I use travelocity a lot for airfare searches with non-USA originating flights.
http://dps1.travelocity.com/lognlogin.ctl?Service=NETCENTER&tr_module=AIRG

timelessdreams said:
Hey DR Keyboard Pals!

to Costa Rica? I have searched AA, United, Continental and keep getting (We can't process your request because the originating flight is not in the US.) I tried searching 'google' and only listing was whichbudget.com which only had budget flights to Madrid listed.

Susie

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Nobody Direct

timelessdreams said:
Hey DR Keyboard Pals!

Susie

Simple answer is to fly AA to MIA then connect in MIA to Costa Rica or Taca (or COPA I can never keep them straight) to Panama City and connect there - it is the C.A. hub for them.

You might be able to do Cubana to Havana and then onward if you trust Cubana, and I wouldn't.

NB - I tried SDQ - SJO and it found 5 possible flights via MIA 8/21 return 8/28 as an example, so I have no idea what you mean it won't let you look - just put USA. Put on hold then buy at a CTO or AA ticket counter within 24 hours.

pacito

Jul 28, 2004
cubana is a fine airline

Cubana flies airbuses mainly.
The crew is very attentive and the meals way better than on Lacsa(Grupo Taca).
have flown with them many times and never had any problems

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
But.......

If she's American, ooohhh....Castro is the devil and you pay a $7,500 fine if you are found to have been there, so a weak choice of connections in that case.