Information needed please

Leah

Aug 1, 2004
Afternoon all

I am planning my honeymoon for August next year. I really would like to go to Dominican Republic however I have been told to stay away as the weather is really bad in August and that it is hurricane season.

Can anyone please offer me some advice????

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Easiest thing to do is

Plan the honeymoon on the North Coast!

While it is true that the hurricane season goes from June 1st to November and August is one of the more possible months (Sept is even more likely), it is also very true that hurricanes never, ever strike the North Shore of the DR.

Being really honest and thorough, it is possible that if a hurricane is in the vecinity you will get a bunch of rain. But, since it is your honeymoon, this will make for a wonderful lovemaking opportunity to the sound of rainfall in a tropical setting. Tell you what. You go ahead and make your plans for some nice place on the North Shore, and if one of these things should come up you can go over to our place, that has a tin roof, and THEN you will really have fun!!

Don't let anything stand in the way of your honeymoon here, on the North Shore....YOu have a better chance of ruining your wedding dress with some red wine or tripping over the train as you go up the isle!!..Or having a flat tire on the freeway on the way to the church!!

Forget it and get it on!!

HB :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Leah

Aug 1, 2004
Thank you

Thanks HB

I have now got the brouchers back out and am now looking at the North Shores.

Leah :classic: :classic: :classic: :classic:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I was on the north coast in '88 (I think-coulda been '87) when a hurricane brushed the south shore. I forget the name. But all we got was rain, wind, and clouds. It was actually pretty neat...

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I've lived on North Coast 12 years, during which time one hurricane hit south coast (Georges) - we had strong winds & some rain, poor folks in south & east had a bad time. There was one other hurricane which we were expecting, but it never got here......came up the coast from the east & when it got to Samana it turned right & went out to sea. That's been it, full stop. You come on down Leah!
P.S. Did they tell you about the earthquake? :D

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
Leah said:
Afternoon all

I am planning my honeymoon for August next year. I really would like to go to Dominican Republic however I have been told to stay away as the weather is really bad in August and that it is hurricane season.

Can anyone please offer me some advice????

The North Coast is your best bet, and if you are looking to stay at an all inclusive, I would recommen Coral Marian by HIlton. It's a fablous resort with great food, and great entertainment.

Private Message me if you ahve any questions, congratulations on your wedding!
lisa