dolphin swims in october

zoe

Aug 2, 2004
hi, if anybody can help me on this one?! me n my boyf have only been together for 4 months and we have jus booked to DR for a week on 27oct. we booked the hol without really thinking as it was such a good deal we got at the villas doradas. since booking we have had alot of people tell us it constantly rains at the time of the year?? plus iv heard that over in DR they can do swimming with dolphins excursions but would they be avail to book at that time of year?? any info would be great?? thanks, Zoe. x

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
While it rained a lot last year in October, I would not worry about the weather so much. Everybody says it only rains like this once every 10 years or so. Normally, the rains are usually just a few minutes of hard downpour and then the sun comes right back out.

Swimming with Dolphins is available at Ocean World, 20 minute drive away from Villas Doradas (Ocean World has free bus pick up from there).

The Dolphin Swim is normally booked up but if you are here a week and make your reservation when you arrive, you should have no problem. If you want to be sure, you can make a reservation at www.ocean-world.info and then pay 48 hours before your program with a tour rep in the hotel.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Zoe, even if it was to rain - you would still have an amazing time. I take it that this trip is your first to the DR. It will be a good experience come rain or shine. There's loads to do.

We stayed in Villas Doradas in '99. It has changed a fair bit since then though, they now have 2 pools i believe.

Check out this link - you definately want to go on this trip. Go into the plaza in Playa Dorada to book it. You will pay $25 - $30 there but around $50 with the reps in the hotel............

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30421&highlight=damajagua

Have a good 1 ! :)