Spring Break 2005?

RUbrowneyedgirl

Aug 5, 2004
My friends and I are thinking about going to the Dominican Republic next year for spring break. We wanted to go someplace beautiful but a little less crazy than say, Cancun. Can anyone recommend a resort or city to stay at, or at least not to stay at? We are looking for something all-inclusive and maybe with not as many small children. Also we would want to stay some place that's in close proximity to night life with the locals. Any help would be appreciated.

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
RUbrowneyedgirl said:
My friends and I are thinking about going to the Dominican Republic next year for spring break. We wanted to go someplace beautiful but a little less crazy than say, Cancun. Can anyone recommend a resort or city to stay at, or at least not to stay at? We are looking for something all-inclusive and maybe with not as many small children. Also we would want to stay some place that's in close proximity to night life with the locals. Any help would be appreciated.

Any place in the DR is nice. La Romana, and Punta Cana are a little more on the expensive side for All Inclusives. Just visit your travel agent pick up a book and look at the differnet resorts they offer. Most All Inclusives are all the same, if you don't want kids,look for the symbol that has 18+.

I myself prefer Puerto Plata, and I stat at Coral Marien by Hilton. I've stayed at Bahia Principe, Gran Ventena, and Allegro Playa Dorado, but I enjoy the food and people at the Coral. It's a half decent size resort, so you're not walking miles to get from teh beach to the bar, or restaurants. (I've alos stayed in Cancun and Puerto Vallart, and by far prefer the Domincan Republic)
lisa :bunny:

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
RUbrowneyedgirl said:

Breezes Puerto Plata and Punta Cana have some of the best rates I have seen on the AI resorts, that I have seen for a long time!

I can also suggest another option to you, that would be much more economical and a great way to go: you can rent a villa or stay at the COndos Magnifico right on the beach with a pool and Jacuzzi and hire the services of a cook, that would also do the shopping, cleaning, serving for as low as $7 to $15 per day for her services dependingon the amount of meals you like her to cook.

Also, Sosua by the Sea, which is a very nice ocean front property with a private beach and great pool ,offers an AI supplement for 3 meals a day and all you can drink for as low as $ 18 per person per day, can't beat that price, even if you only drink there:)))

Just keep in mind, that a lot of less expensive AI resorts only offer the local beverages and the buffet style meals. If you need more help you can contact me via email or send me a PM and I would be glad to help out:))

All the best!!

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
sunnyvillas said:
I can also suggest another option to you, that would be much more economical and a great way to go: you can rent a villa or stay at the COndos Magnifico right on the beach with a pool and Jacuzzi and hire the services of a cook, that would also do the shopping, cleaning, serving for as low as $7 to $15 per day for her services dependingon the amount of meals you like her to cook.

Not true if you're from Minnesota, I've never seen airfare to the DR any cheeper that you can travel there on an AI package deal ( airfare and AI hotel stay!)

Joe

Bonita Morena

Sep 24, 2004
I"ve been to Cancun and to Puerto Plata, I had a great time at both places. If you want to have balance of partying and relaxation I would suggest you stay at Bahia Principe. I was there in August and had a really good time! There is lots to do, and the hotel and staff are amazing. In comparison to Cancun there is none! The two places are totally different, I had an equally good time in both places, but will definately return to the Dominican Republic before going back to Mexico.

Check out the bahia principe website bahia-principe.com and see for yourself.

Have fun!!

Pomli

Sep 17, 2004
Go to Bahia Principe San Juan :) I have good times there too ! Staff are nice, food is good, and there are plnety activities planned for all day. And there's also a nighlife on Pueblo Principe, street that locals have access. I can't say what the difference with Cancun as I have never been there, but I have so much fun that my next trip is for DR again and w/o AI :p
Hey Bonita, when did you go in August? I was there 23-30 !

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
C'mon guys - it's Spring Break they're talking about!
They couldn't do worse than Club Azurro or even Viva Wyndham Tangerine in Cabarete? At least the beach is full of people their age group every night.

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
Cabarete

I agree!
Stay in Cabarete, get a suite or 2 @ Magnifico Condos.
Check out activecabarete.com for ideas.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I agree, work your stay around Cabarete. It's the closest you will come to a sping break style destination in the DR.