Weather in Punta Cana (August)

carlamarini

Jun 24, 2004
Hello Everyone!

I am taking a trip to Punta Cana which I am very excited about- I have been there but not in hurricane season and I am going very soon -(from 8/14-8/21) and am kinda nervous about how the weather is going to be, have gotten mixed messages as to what to expect. I would love it if someone would help me out and give me some ideas!!

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Do not concern yourself

carlamarini,

It is good to be aware of risk but do not concern yourself too much "about how the weather is going to be" and focus on the good times you are going to make for yourself during your visit. If hurricane season happened to be a real threat the resorts would board up and shut down for the period.

You can obtain more weather information at the dr1.com travel site by clicking on the green tab at the top of the page or the link below.

It happened to rain a bit last night and the sun has come up strong this am with the intent to BBQ some of the unprotected at the beach today.

link: http://dr1.com/travel/expect/weather.shtml

Regards,
PJT

Chantal

Sep 10, 2004
I leave on Sunday Morning to the Dominican Republic! Storm or shine! I hope. I?m would !flip! If the trip got canceled. I consider myself Pro-Dominican. I?ve been there once before to Puerto Plata. Last I was there, I KNEW I would be back! ?I?ll DO the DOOOOminican any day?? I love it, just plain love. So I?m off to Punta Cana, towards the hurricane?. The real reason I write. What are your thoughts? Are the precious people and resorts in the Dominican doomed?? I?m leaving Sept 13 2004. the weather looks good though. Are we mad? I?ll go mad if the trip cancels

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
If you check the latest satellite images, you'll see that Ivan's gone to the west of the DR and unless does a U-turn, should be affecting us anymore except for a few showers today. So don't worry about the hurricane, you won't get to see his ugly face!

Enjoy your vacation!!!