Castillo del Amber (POP)

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
I have just had some very helpful advice from a poster about the Apartments (Castillo del Amber) in the Puerto Plata area.

Apparently they are opposite the Brugal Factory inbetween Playa Dorada and Puerto Plata. I wondered if anyone else had heard of these and if so what do they think about them in relation to the subject of this thread here -

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33685

Thanks in advance for your replies !

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
Amber Castle

I have been there, not stayed, but friends stayed there and I saw the rooms. They are really nice, and relativley cheap too. They are in a nice area, with lots of big houses around it. It also has a pool, and the rooms have a balcony.

My friend stayed there with her husband and two kids, for a week, and loved it. She said she would defiantley go back again.
lisa

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Thanks for your quick reply lisa.

Can you posibly describe the rooms to me, from what you can remember. Obviously they will all be different depending on the number of bedrooms but just so that i have an idea.

Was it definately opposite the Brugal Factory aswell (just so that i have got the right area in mind)

Thanks again

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
We stayed there last year in October. It was pretty nice and cheap. We paid $20 US per night. We stayed two nights since we were in the DR for the weekend only. Anyway the place is well cared for, they have a pool and small bar. The rooms that we rented had pretty much the same lay out. You walk in and there is a small kitchen, it has a stove, fridge, sink and cupbards. They have cooking pot and utensils, though not enough for a big meal. The kitchen leads to a small living room. It holds a love seat and two chairs plus coffee table. It has sliding doors that lead to the balcony. This is small also. Two people can stand there at a time. Then you have a bedroom and full bathroom. The bedroom has a queen sized bed with two side tables. It has a tv and ac. There is also a closet for your things. We had a good time while we were there. They clean the rooms daily and they have back up power so no fear of being sin luz. It is close to the Brugal factory. If your are familiar with POP it's up the road from the coca cola packaging plant, you have to pass plaza turisol. It's in nice neighborhood. hope this helps.
Minni

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Thanks a lot Minni.

That has helped a lot. This might be pushing it but............if anyone has any photos of the apartment that would be amazing.

How far down the road from the Playa Dorada gates is it?

Thanks again.

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
I have some photos but need to look for them. When I find them I'll let you know. That way you can see for yourself. You can also contact badpiece since he has stayed there also.
Minni

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
If you're coming from Puerto Plata to Playa Dorada........it is on right after Plaza Turisol & before Harrison's & Cafe Cito. Very near Marapica, if that means anything.

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
tired_boy said:
Thanks for your quick reply lisa.

Can you posibly describe the rooms to me, from what you can remember. Obviously they will all be different depending on the number of bedrooms but just so that i have an idea.

Was it definately opposite the Brugal Factory aswell (just so that i have got the right area in mind)

Thanks again

Hi Tired boy--
My friend had a room that overlooked the pool, and when you walked in there was a little kitchenette area, and had a little sitting area with a chair and table, that room lead into the bedroom, that had the balcony overlooking the pool, and off the bedroom there was a full bathroom.
It is the one opposite the Brugal factory.
lisa

tired_boy said:
I have just had some very helpful advice from a poster about the Apartments (Castillo del Amber) in the Puerto Plata area.

Apparently they are opposite the Brugal Factory inbetween Playa Dorada and Puerto Plata. I wondered if anyone else had heard of these and if so what do they think about them in relation to the subject of this thread here -

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33685

Thanks in advance for your replies !

If you are planning on staying at Castillo De Ambar PM me and I might be able to get you a very good long term rate on a Apartroom there at the hotel. Very quiet comfortable atmosphere at the hotel, I highly reccomend it.
Badpiece

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Thanks for the offer of help badpiece, since i posted that message i have sorted myself out in the Occidental Gran Flamenco. We fly Tuesday, 1 day before Ivan the terrible.........i am keeping my eyes on that one and hoping it moves off in the next 3 days :nervous: