Apartments around Sosua / Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
This one should hopefully get loads and loads of replies.

Can you please tell me your experiences with or knowledge of places to stay on the North Coast. I may move around a bit so that we experience variety on our visit it all depends on the prices i suppose. Whilst i can't say that 'money is no object' - i don't want you to worry about your suggestions.

The intention is that we stay for 2/3 months. We have friends in Montellano and may stay there for a period of time but we would like to move about around the Puerto Plata, Sosua, Cabarete and more eastern areas. We will have the odd days in AI's but they will be very infrequent.

Please suggest some places to me, whatever comes into your mind, apartments, hotels, cheap AI's..........anything. I will be preparing well financially but this will be the first time we have done anything like this so any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
If you rented for a month in Puerto Plata, you should be able to find suitable furnished accommodation for U.S.$500 per month, or 275 pounds sterling. There is a helpful Dominican woman, married to a German, both speak English, you may want to contact. Her name is Rosemary Faehnrich. Email:monterene@hotmail.com PM me if you want her phone no. (Don't think I'd better post it without her ok!)
An apart-hotel, like Apart-Hotel Lomar on the Malecon is about 11 pounds sterling a night, that's the Malecon in Puerto Plata.
You could PM windeguy about apartments in Cabarete, I understand he knows of some for U.S.$350 a month.
Hope this helps.
Also see http://www.puertoplataguide.com/Accommodations.html

Last edited:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Larry said:
ANY advice?? Ok.......................don't eat yellow snow.

Larry

Larry,
In case you haven't noticed, we don't get too much snow here on the North Coast - so Yellow snow shouldn't be a problem!! I think Tired_Boy was looking for something a little more constructive in a reply!!

Tired_boy,
No timeframe has been mentioned yet so if you can let me know when you intend coming, I'll ask a few questions in the Puerto Plata area for you & PM you with anything I find. Lambada has given you a link that covers most of the places but there may be some private places available if you can advise dates expected to be here!! - Grahame.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
tired_boy,
I just read all of the link I gave you, & I have to say not all places are equal! One or two on there have received negative reviews on this board, so remember to use the search function to see what people's experiences have been!
Update on pricing - Aparta Hotel Lomar is now 1000 pesos per night (12.50 pounds) & Portofino 850 pesos (10.62 pounds) - that is for 2 people, double bed, air conditioning, cable TV.

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
accommodation in SOsua

There are many places that offer good monthly rates, such as studios at PAM building, Paraiso de Colon- apart/ hotel and many otheres.
It si very hard to suggest a place, not really knowing what you want and how much you want to spend.
If you require more help, you can contact me anytime or PM me
All the best

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
tired_boy said:
Whilst i can't say that 'money is no object' - i don't want you to worry about your suggestions...................

I will be preparing well financially

Money wasn't a problem so i didnt mind what anyone suggested. It was open for any suggestions.

However, i am sorted out now so thanks for all the replies i did get.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.