Who would you choose to be the new DR government from the DR1ers?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
As we wait, drumming our fingers on the table, for the new government to take office, whom would you choose from DR1ers for the prestigious ministerial positions? I have a few suggestions, perhaps others would care to add?
Minister of Education.......Hillbilly
Minister of Public Health...Chris Colon
Minister of Tourism...........Ricktoronto
Minister of Industry & Commerce.....Pib
Minister of Defence...........Texas Bill
Minister of Foreign Affairs.....AZB
Minister for Overseas Development......Chuckuindy

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Lambada said:
As we wait, drumming our fingers on the table, for the new government to take office, whom would you choose from DR1ers for the prestigious ministerial positions? I have a few suggestions, perhaps others would care to add?
Minister of Education.......Hillbilly
Minister of Public Health...Chris Colon
Minister of Tourism...........Ricktoronto
Minister of Industry & Commerce.....Pib
Minister of Defence...........Texas Bill
Minister of Foreign Affairs.....AZB

How about Dolores as the first lady President?
Robert to head up the National Police?
MrMike HAS to head up Power & Energy,
Alberto (affiliate DR1er) as Head of the Central Bank,

I see your point with regard to AZB's experience in ANY form of affairs, but I think him more suited to "Migracion"!!
That would leave "Foreign Affairs" open for Golo!!
Minister for Culture & Art - Dawnwil
Minister for "Recreation" has GOT to come from one of the Punta Cana crowd!

What other Ministries do you need covering?? - Grahame.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Your face

Lambada said:
As we wait, drumming our fingers on the table, for the new government to take office, whom would you choose from DR1ers for the prestigious ministerial positions?

Thanks Lanbada, but the only development I want to do is of the photos of your lovely face.
Charlie

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
chuckuindy said:
Thanks Lanbada, but the only development I want to do is of the photos of your lovely face.
Charlie
So smooth! I thought Tonya helped you develop when you were overseas? :cheeky:
Other positions needing occupants:-
Minister of Welfare.......got to be Chirimoya
Minister of Environment......
Minister of Sport.....
Economics Minister......
Technical Secretary to the Presidency.......
Vice President.....................don't all rush!

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
BushBaby said:
How about Dolores as the first lady President?
Robert to head up the National Police?
MrMike HAS to head up Power & Energy,
Alberto (affiliate DR1er) as Head of the Central Bank,

I see your point with regard to AZB's experience in ANY form of affairs, but I think him more suited to "Migracion"!!
That would leave "Foreign Affairs" open for Golo!!
Minister for Culture & Art - Dawnwil
Minister for "Recreation" has GOT to come from one of the Punta Cana crowd!

What other Ministries do you need covering?? - Grahame.
Robert as head of National Police??? Nah, put him in charge of Ministry of Informatics, or head of investment promotion office. For National Police, you need Badpiece! :cheeky:

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Lambada said:
So smooth! I thought Tonya helped you develop when you were overseas? :cheeky:
Other positions needing occupants:-
Minister of Welfare.......got to be Chirimoya
Minister of Environment......
Minister of Sport.....
Economics Minister......
Technical Secretary to the Presidency.......
Vice President.....................don't all rush!
Minister of Sport? Unquestionably Cleef!

As for Education Minister, if for some reason HB declined the position (HB for Grand Vizier!!! :p ), I would nominate Natasha (dcareamama). That's what her degree was in, and I've heard some of her thoughts about education reform, and I would feel very comfortable with her in that post.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I nominate Keith R for Minister of Environment and Ken for public relations

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
chuckuindy said:
Charlie

Is there a ministerial position entitled "Minister of BullShi**ers"? If NOT, make it Minister of Information!!! Take him away from Development & stick him there!!!! (just jealous Charlie that I didn't think of that line!!)

Minister for technology?? Thebes - Grahame.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Anna Coniglio said:
I nominate Keith R for Minister of Environment and Ken for public relations
I'm flattered, Anna, but I suspect that Jaime (Caco) would be a far more effective Environment Minister than I. He knows all the players and his enthusiasm for environmental issues is second to none!

That said, if he ever needed a second banana at the Environment Ministry, or just a strategic advisor, I would answer his call in a heartbeat. Not sure how much help I'd really be, but would welcome the chance to help the DR in that policy area....

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
BushBaby said:
Anna - I was thinking of setting up a Ministry for Noise Abatement & putting Ken's name forward for that!! - grahame.

Good idea Grahame. Ken would be perfect for that. Keith I have no idea who you are talking about. Just play along ;) it's for DR1ers not the real DR

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Anna Coniglio said:
Good idea Grahame. Ken would be perfect for that. Keith I have no idea who you are talking about. Just play along ;) it's for DR1ers not the real DR
Anna, trust me on this one! In fact, I started a thread in my Forum on who should be appointed as Environment Minister, and I stated why Jaime should be it, in my opinion. He hasn't posted much on DR1 (mostly just on worm composting, one of his passions), but he is very active on a wide range of environmental issues and his family has a long history of such involvement -- even before it became fashionable. Rob, Dolores & HB know him well and can vouch for his credentials, as can many of those who have spent any time talking to him at some of the DR1 reunions in the DR.

Un abrazo,
Keith

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
If chosen

If appointed I reaffirmed the commitment to improving the conditions of the world's less-developed nations (The Dominican Republic) through the promotion of economic cooperation between nations and by providing financial and technical assistance itself. I believe that the best way of lifting poorer nations out of the grinding poverty - and the associated problems of malnutrition and primitive social services, transport, power and communications systems - from which they suffer is through economic development. The provision of private capital will remain the predominant catalyst for this but money from the United States, other nations, and the world bank must continue to provide assistance.

Chuckuindy - Nominee for Minister of Overseas Development

Apr 26, 2002
If you don't mind, I would like a post too. But not a cabinet post. I realize that I'm not well educated or sophisticated enough for such a high position. Please, instead, appoint me either as Consul to New York City, Director of Military Procurement, Director of Customs or Director of the Loteria Nacional. Any of these posts should suit my wallet, I mean the Dominican people, fine.

I might previously have asked for Director of the Central Bank, but having heard the crickets inside the vault ...