Who Should Leonel Appoint as Environment Minister?

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Over in another DR1 Forum, Lambada jokingly asked which DR1ers should be nominated to which positions in Leonel's cabinet. That got me to thinking, who should Leonel appoint as the next Environment Minister? I mean for real -- not just a play exercise as in the other thread. I'd be interested in hearing people's thoughts on the subject.

For my two cent's worth, I would love to see Jaime (Caco) in the position. I know firsthand his passion and infectious enthusiasm for the subject, his constant generation of ideas, and how he knows nearly everyone ever involved in environmental issues in the DR (or so it seems). And I know he's honest and I trust him -- very important assets, given how too many Presidential cabinet members in the DR tend to line their own pockets, regardless of which party is in power.

Best Regards,
Keith

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
GREAT idea Keith - I remember Jaime from a couple of DR1 reunions & was impressed by his ability to communicate & listen! An Excellent choice. Now, ..... How do we go about getting this objective fulfilled? Have you any contacts in high places Dolores? (Silly question of COURSE you have). So How do we contact them to work on Jaime?? - Grahame.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
For what it's worth----

There is a young man here in Manzanillo who has beenn appointed (according to him) as "Minister of Environment" for the province of Santiago Rodriguez. How they came to appoint him, I have no idea. he is definitely not qualified to fill the position. Doesn't even hav ea high school diploma. When Lionel was first elected, he fed me this line that he would head up either the Migration or the Aduana here. That later changed to head of the Tourism for the province of Monte Cristi; now it's Environment. Methinks the man was feeding his own ego, which he is good at.

The point is, has Lionel really appointed qualified people to these positions, or has he merely given in to the entrities of his political hacks at a lower level and made appointments where they will do the least damage?

I'm really not trying to be critical here, just asking questions because I live here too and am concerned about the future of the country.

Texas Bill