I am Finally Back from Boca Chica

2time

Jul 2, 2004
Well I am back from DR....I stayed mostly in Boca Chica....I will keep this brief but if anyone who wants details PM me and I will try to help.

I stayed at El Candi.
Now I also stayed at El Candi for a while but it's small and was very dirty. They don't care about guests which is good. but otherwise not much else going for it. The pool was ok but dirty...the rooms do have ac and hot water,but they were all dirty mold ...stains and some kinda smelled...they are basiclly **** rooms with a view. I am able to say rooms because I was there with friends so I saw a few different rooms. 3 in total.

They are across the st. from some chica house pink place. They were real cool in there you can go and hang out have a drink and they get it on for about 40us no time limit.

Now Boca chica is run down everybody is trying to hit you up for something. So be prepared it can get a little annoying...but they are dirt poor. After a few days people start to know you and back off a bit. Girls in BC are grimy so watch out and be safe...
I went to Santo D. for a few days and much better...almost like a real city...went to some bars out there was cool. We wnr to some place in a cave was hot but they played Techo music only. It is hard to find hip hop out there. One pplace called American Sports bar was the ****....hot *** chicks you are not all on your ***. YOu can hook up with them but have to go somewhere else which is like 10 min. away.

Went to Andres meet some local girl we got along and kinda changed my mind about all the girls being pros out there. Andes is cool more relaxed.

With BC you just got to have your wits about you...people want your money bad...nobody messed with us because there were 10 of us most of the time. But it pretty safe I chilled by myself some on the beach and walking around town and people just trying to sell you ****.

Beer and drinks are like 1-3 us
meals like 2-5us or 20us more massive meals
chicks like 20-50us
some myths?.you can get girls into Hamaca at night through the beach into your room if you hit the guard off?if you are on the other side of the resort it is harder?
customs does not check you at all coming in?going out they do?..you can walk at night by yourself?..

I was surprised because people on this board were saying how smart and classy the people were there. yet I did not see this. they are hustlers alright but if you come from like NYC , LA,....you see people like this already and can handle them.
Although in Santo D. people were more upper class.

All in all if you want a sex trip go and live it up or stay at the Hamaca which is kinda closed off from that. Your better off going to Amsterdam.

ooorrr

Jul 13, 2004
and also stayed at Hamaca some. Hamaca is good during the week to just chill and not be annoyed by people trying to sell you **** or people telling you they got the best chicas. BUT keep in mind it is hard to get girls back if you want. You can do it late at night if you find the right guy. There was one guy who watches the beach and you hit him off with like 10us you walk right on to the beach and then right up to your room. NOW if you are staying on the other side of the resort it is harder to get girls over, but on the beach side pretty easy, but you do have to pay more. Also I found girls are kinda scared to go to the Hamaca they say they can't get in. I think they go to jail if they get caught there...just guessing.

2time said:
Well I am back from DR....I stayed mostly in Boca Chica....I will keep this brief but if anyone who wants details PM me and I will try to help.

I stayed at El Candi.
Now I also stayed at El Candi for a while but it's small and was very dirty. They don't care about guests which is good. but otherwise not much else going for it. The pool was ok but dirty...the rooms do have ac and hot water,but they were all dirty mold ...stains and some kinda smelled...they are basiclly **** rooms with a view. I am able to say rooms because I was there with friends so I saw a few different rooms. 3 in total.

They are across the st. from some chica house pink place. They were real cool in there you can go and hang out have a drink and they get it on for about 40us no time limit.

Now Boca chica is run down everybody is trying to hit you up for something. So be prepared it can get a little annoying...but they are dirt poor. After a few days people start to know you and back off a bit. Girls in BC are grimy so watch out and be safe...
I went to Santo D. for a few days and much better...almost like a real city...went to some bars out there was cool. We wnr to some place in a cave was hot but they played Techo music only. It is hard to find hip hop out there. One pplace called American Sports bar was the ****....hot *** chicks you are not all on your ***. YOu can hook up with them but have to go somewhere else which is like 10 min. away.

Went to Andres meet some local girl we got along and kinda changed my mind about all the girls being pros out there. Andes is cool more relaxed.

With BC you just got to have your wits about you...people want your money bad...nobody messed with us because there were 10 of us most of the time. But it pretty safe I chilled by myself some on the beach and walking around town and people just trying to sell you ****.

chicks like 20-50us
some myths?.you can get girls into Hamaca at night through the beach into your room if you hit the guard off?if you are on the other side of the resort it is harder?
customs does not check you at all coming in?going out they do?..you can walk at night by yourself?..

I was surprised because people on this board were saying how smart and classy the people were there. yet I did not see this. they are hustlers alright but if you come from like NYC , LA,....you see people like this already and can handle them.
Although in Santo D. people were more upper class.

All in all if you want a sex trip go and live it up or stay at the Hamaca which is kinda closed off from that. Your better off going to Amsterdam.

bcmike

Jan 29, 2004
el candil

maybe your friends were the reason for the dirt and smells at El Candil. :laugh: My stay was perfect.

Yakitori

Jun 9, 2004
Wow i am dissappointed to hear this. I have booked El Candil for September based on the good reviews here. was it really that bad??

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
2time said:
I stayed at El Candi.
Now I also stayed at El Candi for a while but it's small and was very dirty. They don't care about guests which is good.

chicks like 20-50us

1. It is El Candil not Candi
2. I don't think nor do many others that it is filthy at all.
3. You paid double at Pink House
4. The "chicks" - you paid more than double to as much as 5 times the going rate
5. Customs checks all sorts of people going in and in fact there is no customs check at all going out.

Great fact-filled report, you really gave a lot of useful information.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
el candil DIRTY???? the pool dirty? The guy is out there every morning cleaning the pool! The maids cleaned my room every morning meticulously.

THe owners were very attentive...always suggesting different places to go (playa caribe, soana, night trips to the capital....good restaraunts). And they are pretty strict with the sankies too.

Plus maria and sandy (who work the front desk) were great.

The fact that you preferred hanging out at the pink hooker shack accross the street makes me wonder if you had a personal issue with el candil.

One suggestion while staying there tho is that i recommend requesting a courtyard room. (there really is nothing to look out at if you stay in the back of the hotel.)

I will post a few pics i have of the courtyard, and a few interior shots.

While it is not a 4 star hotel...i think you certainly get your moneys worth. Perhaps the original poster should have stayed at an AI.

Dont worry yakitori!!!!

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
El Candil

Are you sure you stayed at El Candil?
I have stayed there numerous times.
It is always spotless and clean.
The pool is probably the cleanest in Boca Chica.
Guiseppi and Petteri are the most hospitible hotel owners, and Maria and Sandy are both great host/esses as well.
I actually agree with The Grand Pavo!
Why did you pay more than triple the rate at The "Pink House"?
It seams to me you did not do much research before your trip.
You are the only negative review of El Candil I have ever seen.

2time

Jul 2, 2004
You know you are lying about the customs thing...Of couse they check you going out...they check your bags before you even can get checked in...Rick you always like to prove me wrong but you are lying about that one....

As for me paying extra at the pink house if you only paid 15us then more power to you...I don't think that is true...but I guess you get the frequent customer rates ?and if you are paying under 50us for a hot girl in Santo D. they you are the man? because if you pay attention I list from 20-50?clearly 20 is in BC where 50 was in SD

As for the hotel?if it was clean for you I?m happy but it was not when I.. was maybe they just had a bad week?.maybe you are some of the other posters work for the hotel or get hook ups from them?could that be why ??
Also I am black and found them to be a little racist?.maybe they give better service to Latinos and whites?

You are a petty man when you get kicks out correcting misspells you spend when too much time in here?do you even work?

ricktoronto said:
1. It is El Candil not Candi
2. I don't think nor do many others that it is filthy at all.
3. You paid double at Pink House
4. The "chicks" - you paid more than double to as much as 5 times the going rate
5. Customs checks all sorts of people going in and in fact there is no customs check at all going out.

Great fact-filled report, you really gave a lot of useful information.

Yakitori

Jun 9, 2004
I still have had no luck in contacting El Candil to book a room for September. No replies to my email. Everytime I call I cannot get anyone who speaks English. I really don't know what to do. Any advice appreciated.

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
res.candil@verizon.net.do

Petteri reads E mail several times a day.

1-809-523 - 4252

Call that number and say:

Puedo hablar con Petteri o Guiseppi por favor.
Yo necesito un reservacion!

Maria answers and will page them within 30 seconds.

You are starting to sound helpless.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
2time said:
You know you are lying about the customs thing...Of couse they check you going out...they check your bags before you even can get checked in...Rick you always like to prove me wrong but you are lying about that one....

As for me paying extra at the pink house if you only paid 15us then more power to you...I don't think that is true...but I guess you get the frequent customer rates ?and if you are paying under 50us for a hot girl in Santo D. they you are the man? because if you pay attention I list from 20-50?clearly 20 is in BC where 50 was in SD

As for the hotel?if it was clean for you I?m happy but it was not when I.. was maybe they just had a bad week?.maybe you are some of the other posters work for the hotel or get hook ups from them?could that be why ??
Also I am black and found them to be a little racist?.maybe they give better service to Latinos and whites?

You are a petty man when you get kicks out correcting misspells you spend when too much time in here?do you even work?

I have NEVER had a problem going thru customs myself. And my bags going back have been full of brugal and mamajuana and other things.

As far as the race card goes...i dont buy it...I have stayed at El Candil with my black american friends and have encountered no problems. And quite often there have been a number of other black guys staying at the hotel (usualy firemen or policemen).

More and more it is sounding to me (IMHO)..that something went personaly wrong with you and P&G...Maybe they just didnt LIKE you. perhaps you and your ten buddies acted obnoxious and arrogant and tried to take over the place and non-intentionaly ruin the other guests experience? In that case i can understand if they were cold to you. (not saying you did that...but just a possible scenerio)

I still cant believe you said the pool was dirty! that is just sooooo not true! I forget the new guys name..but i remember antonio being out there every morning scrubbing the pool by hand! (heh...and what a site that was:)

There was perhaps a minute bit of rust around one of the bathroom fixtures....but uh...for 40 bucks a night i can deal with that.

next time...just stay at the hamaca....and eat buffet food...and have a non DR experience.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
lechero...i do understand her (?) concern....even after staying there many times...petteri is very slow to return emails. BUt you gave some great advise by giving her a bit of spanish to be able to communicate to maria or sandy in order to get thru to either petteri or guiseppi.

another bit of advise.....think of exactly what you want to say BEFORE you call....and perhaps ask here for a translation. Im sure someone will help you. Perhaps something like "i do not speak spanish and i would like to talk to petteri to confirm my reservations." I would give you the translation myself but i tend to ruin the language :) Oh....one other bit of advise....if it woman who answers the phone...she is maria...if it is a guy....then its Sandy.

i SWEAR...once you get petteri on the phone you will relax.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
2time said:

Don't confuse the hand baggage security as with every airport in the world with customs. There is no customs check when you leave, there is examination of carry on security, the usual checks for explosives and so on behind the scenes for checked bags and passport control which is a migracion not customs, function.

Sometimes if you have to fly in coach (I see this happen from the first class check in where it doesn't happen at all) they randomly open bags before accepting them as luggage - that too started post 9/11 and is a security not a customs function.

The X ray of checked bags outside the airport before entry is a joint USDA / DR program to prevent food and fruit from entering the US and is not customs either. So you must be one unlucky SOB to be the only passenger of a million to have his own customs guy when leaving. Or perhaps, you made an error in your perception of what happened.

Hey if you are going to insult what I know to be a well run and clean perfectly fine hotel spell it right.

I don't patronize the Pink House or any of the BC clip joints at all but for adequate negotiators there is no price of $50 US in the capital either - that is over RD$2,250 in a RD$1,300 world. However you can pay or overpay what you like they sure won't refuse it. I am not sure that the Pink House even has running water and I know they don't have A/C so who'd go in there?

I'd be surprised by the proprietors mistreating a guest only due to race or skin colour. I presume you didn't play the loud music , get drunk and obnoxious, make a racket or annoy other guests, so that would be a surprise they'd seem to act that way and it really sounds quite out of character.

I work a lot and I can say without knowing you I bet significantly more than you do and for more dough too.

Try a different hotel next trip, maybe Europa or Joker or Calypso.

bcmike

Jan 29, 2004
2time , just try a different country,please

I don't work there (El Candil), i just stay there after trying some of the other hotels.

Yakitori, I just got thru yesterday to El Candil via email, and got a reply within hours. Perhaps you should try a different email server, maybe yours for whatever reason is being bounced.

Yakitori

Jun 9, 2004
Bcmike,
I have sent five emails and they are getting through. I FINALLY was able to call and speak to Petteri last Wednesday. I started asking him about my reservations and he said, "Are you the guy who emailed". I said yes and he said he would answer my email immediately. I have not heard anything since and have emailed three more times trying to get a response.

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
Yakitori:

He probably does not want you to stay in his hotel because you have annoyed him with your persistance. Dude, chill out! Its DR....things are just a little slower. In case you did not know, September is not exactly high season @ El Candil.

Yakitori

Jun 9, 2004
Lechero,
I don't think I am being overly persistent. I just want to get things set up. I also understand that it is mostly my fault because I don't speak Spanish. All he needs to say is, yes no problem for your reservation and i won't need to annoy him anymore.

Yakitori

Jun 9, 2004
You're not listening are you. I can't get either of them on the phone when i call, or when i do, they say they will answer my email but then don't .