Leonel Radio Interview

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
I just heard from my mother that Leonel Fernandez will be interviewed right now at 12PM EST on National Public Radio (93.9 WNYC here in NY).

It is the Richard Lopat show and should be on the internet archives later.

Sorry, I see NY1 already started a thread letting everyone know about it.

Last edited:

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
It would be interesting if

You would post the dialogue of that interview here on DR1, or at least post a link to same.

It would serve a good purpose and save many of us a lot of search time.

Texas Bill

P.S.

I went to NY1 and tried to pick up the LF interview, but the search returned a negative report.

Any suggestions as to how to get to it???

TB

Last edited:

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
I just finished

listening to the interview and found it quite interesting from the standpoint of what we can expect from Leonel in the future.

I might add that his comments about the DR-CAFTA agreement were optimistic. He obviously shares my opinion that this agreement will be of great benefit to the DR as well as the entire Caribbean in the long run due to the improvement of atmosphere in the foreign investment arena.

His comments as to the "belt tightening" necessary were very much to the point.

If he is able to re-negotiate repayment of the many loans incurred by the Mejia Administration, re-gain a modicum of trust from potential investors, decrease the public payroll, and create the transparancy necessary in the banking industry, I think we can expect a very rapid (under 2 years) turnaround in the economy and reach the previous prosperity enjoyed at the time Mejia took over.

The thing all of us who posess dollars should do now is spend those dollars, instead of hanging onto them and contribute to the recovery. It will be to our advantage to do so.

We all know that the best way to stimulate an economy is to pump money into it.

Texas Bill