Please Help Me Find A Good Cosmetic Surgeon

TWALLS1

Aug 12, 2004
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a good cosmetic surgeon in Santo Domingo. I am from Ohio and i am going to travel to the DR to have a tummy tuck and lipo. I have heard good things about the cost and the work of the DR surgeons. Please give me any good or bad info!!

Thanks

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Twalls, have you done a search on this? there was some info on some women who got stuff done here a while ago... good luck!

ECH714

Mar 12, 2003
TWALLS1 said:
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a good cosmetic surgeon in Santo Domingo. I am from Ohio and i am going to travel to the DR to have a tummy tuck and lipo. I have heard good things about the cost and the work of the DR surgeons. Please give me any good or bad info!!

Thanks

I am speaking as a professional when I tell you to proceed with all caution! I know of some very well trained physicians in the D.R. but there are far more that are totally incompetent. Unfortunately, the general public does not know which is which. I had a good friend come to the D.R. from Europe for bariatric surgery. His pre-op evaluation was totally inadequate. I advised he have his surgery elsewhere. I will not be-labor the point only to say there was a scandal regarding cosmetic surgery in the D.R. with resultant deaths not in the distant past. As I recall, the attending physician(s) were not even licensed in the D.R.!
When I said I was speaking as a professional; I am a retired U.S. physician and FACS (Fellow, American College of Surgeons). ECH714

TWALLS1

Aug 12, 2004
ECH714 said:
I am speaking as a professional when I tell you to proceed with all caution! I know of some very well trained physicians in the D.R. but there are far more that are totally incompetent. Unfortunately, the general public does not know which is which. I had a good friend come to the D.R. from Europe for bariatric surgery. His pre-op evaluation was totally inadequate. I advised he have his surgery elsewhere. I will not be-labor the point only to say there was a scandal regarding cosmetic surgery in the D.R. with resultant deaths not in the distant past. As I recall, the attending physician(s) were not even licensed in the D.R.!
When I said I was speaking as a professional; I am a retired U.S. physician and FACS (Fellow, American College of Surgeons). ECH714

Do you know anything about a dr guerrero

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
TWALLS1 said:
Do you know anything about a dr guerrero
Dr. Roberto Guerrero is a personal friend of mine. He is an excellent surgeon who speaks english like americans. His patients are mostly foreigners who travel just for his services. His prices are reasonable and his work is very satisfying. He has done very well for himself and trust me, he is a rich dominican even by american standards. I am saying all this because he didn't make his money by being so bad at what he does.
I would highly recommend him for the procedures you are interested in. He is so busy that he even has to perform surgeries on sundays.
Don't waste another minute and call him right away. You will not regret it at all.
Good luck.
AZB

ECH714

Mar 12, 2003
Sorry but I do not know this particular surgeon. When you DO get a recommendation, get it from an individual that is in a position to know about the surgeon professionally. eg fellow physician, nurse. Beware of those shouting testimonials.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I just removed a post reguarding plastic surgery in the DR!

I left it up for several months as a "Stickey" post(Stays for a long time because of the interest) It was an article from a New York City Newspaper about how women are "recruited" in beauty salons,and ather areas for surgery in the DR.They are given "bounties" for women who come here!
I worked in the medical field for 330 years in the USA,and have for 8 more years here!

"DON'T DO IT!"

Sure there are pleanty of good plastic sergeons here.The best are "Board Certified" from the USA!
It may,or may not,be the fault of the doctor that "gets" you! It is the support staff,nurses,aids,techs,that can be more of a problem.They don't have a clue as to what is "Sterile Technique"! They may contaminate the instruments.IV's,dressing changes,anything.
If you do have "complications" this can happen in any country,then you will have problems here!You can not get the specialized care that you may need to save your live!
It is not worth the risk!
I have seen things here that would get a first semester nursing student thrown out of the nursing school,without a hearing!
CCCCCCCCCCCC :eek:

creativity123

Sep 1, 2004
DR. Jose Anibal Hungria ????

Hi, I am new to this site, but I am planing to go to DR in Oct, to have a tummy tuck done I have narrowed it down to two DR.'s But I was wondering if any of you have heard or had any personal experience with Dr. Jose Hungria of Centro de Cirugia Y Especialidades de Santo Domingo. Also how can I find information on Plastic Surgery Association of DR??? any info would greatly be appreciated.