Tropical Storm Five

bcmike

Jan 29, 2004
Tropical Depression Five

I'm back in 5 days and this one's (#5) projected tracking puts it right over the island on Wed. I'm getting a bit nervous here.. :nervous:

Last edited:

bcmike

Jan 29, 2004
Hope so

I'm not great with my distances between land masses or islands, so 5's track to me looks close...too close. Not because i am afraid of a storm, i just don't want to sit in Miami waiting. I'd much rather be in DR. ;)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
bcmike, since the track projected looks very much like that of Charley, I don't blame you for not wanting to be in Florida.

gmiller261

Dec 29, 2002
5 is now EARL correct?

If it is, the project track is well below the DR

As noted in other responses this can change hourly.

bcmike

Jan 29, 2004
5 is Earl

Got onto as many hurricane watch sites as I could find last nite, most which assuaded many of my concerns. Now I just have to hope the sucker doesn't get to Fla too quickly. Hey Earl, Central America could use some rain.

bcmike

Jan 29, 2004
just checked out noaa

Earl now projects well south of the island, and nowhere near Fla. I must be living right :bunny:

I will say it is interesting how much those projections change. The first preds were the usual W-NW but Earl actually dipped south a bit. Maybe post Charley influences ? Or see above. ;)

Last edited:

KelleJ507

Aug 4, 2004
Help Plz!

Hi there,

I live in England and we do not have hurricanes and things like that here. I am a bit confused and just wondered if somebody could give me some info please. I ma prob going to sound very dumb here, but here it goes?

I am going to Cabarette, DR in September (middle), and was just wondering if this Hurricane Charley would affect us then or how long it stays about for.

Any info on weather conditions in from Week Comm 13th September would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Kelle :squareeye

bcmike

Jan 29, 2004
This just in

Earl has dissipated to a tropical wave, and is off the radar, so to speak.

KelleJ507

Aug 4, 2004
Ahh, thank you for your replies - not as worried now! :classic:
Thanks again, looking forward to my holiday even more now.

Kelle :classic: