please tell me about these song titles

dominican lover

Aug 17, 2004
undefinedundefinedundefined

I went to the dominican and really loved it,went to some good night clubs all the local people where dancing in rows,they looked really great, i think i know the names of 2 of them they are follow da leader and dale palla,but there was so many more that they danced to, i want to know the names of the songs,so if anyone can tell me any more song titles,if not any really good bachata or merangue favorites titles. anything you can help with,i will be really happy with cheers:ermm:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
dominican lover said:

I went to the dominican and really loved it,went to some good night clubs all the local people where dancing in rows,they looked really great, i think i know the names of 2 of them they are follow da leader and dale palla,but there was so many more that they danced to, i want to know the names of the songs,so if anyone can tell me any more song titles,if not any really good bachata or merangue favorites titles. anything you can help with,i will be really happy with cheers:ermm:

"Follow da leader" Is that a current hit in dominican? It was popular in the Dominican Republic (It's not even a local song) especially at the AI hotels 4 or 5 years ago. Haven't heard it in a long time. Has a nice beat though.

susie x

Jan 17, 2004
Dominicans dancing at the discos

Hi Dominican Lover I was in DR recently and you are right they do still play 'follow da leader' and it does look great when they all line up at the disco and dance with such energy. I don't know any of the titles either but one tune they played kept repeating tequila tequila cerveza cerveza and it was fun to watch the dancing.

If you like bachata try Aventuras Love and Hate. It is really good.

If you find out any of the titles please let me know.

Susie x
:cheeky:

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
dominican lover said:
I went to the dominican and really loved it

Be careful with your terminology on here, before you know it someone will be jumping down your throat saying 'we don't know what you mean, we have never heard of a place called the 'dominican' we only know the Dominican Republic, DR or La Republica Dominicana.'

Yes, you only have one post and you are new to DR1 but they are bloodthirsty! ;)

Glad to hear you had a good time! Where did you stay? Do you know any of the lyrics to the other songs you heard? I am sure someone will be able to help. I bet your heard this one - Aventura, Obsession - its my wifes fav.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Aventura !!!

tired_boy said:
Glad to hear you had a good time! Where did you stay? Do you know any of the lyrics to the other songs you heard? I am sure someone will be able to help. I bet your heard this one - Aventura, Obsession - its my wifes fav.

AVENTURA IN GENERAL :classic: :classic: :classic: :classic:

#1 fan here !!!

Besos for Henry !!! ;) ;) ;)

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
A few things...

Hello,

Okay, "Folllow da leader" is by Nigel & Marvin. This is not Dominican music per se but rather "tropical". It's played all over the world and it is a very catchy tune. Like you said people get up dance to it ...line dance etc. The other song I am not familiar with but I think it may be your spelling. "Dale palla" that doesn't make sense to me nor does it sound familiar.

What do you want to know about bachata and merengue? Can you be more specific? For example are you the type of person that likes bachata from Elvis Mart?nez and Aventura or do you like the more experienced bachateros like Frank Reyes, Raulin Rodr?guez and Antony Santos? You have to be specific. It can make a world of difference to your listening experience.

-Lesley D

dominican lover said:

Last edited:

dominican lover

Aug 17, 2004
song titles

thanks for replying,yes ithink your right,they are both old song titles from the dom rep,but you wouldnt think it to watch them dancing to them, its the other newer titles that im asking about,if anyone knows the name of them,thank you my friend for your help

dominican lover

Aug 17, 2004
song titles

susie x said:
Hi Dominican Lover I was in DR recently and you are right they do still play 'follow da leader' and it does look great when they all line up at the disco and dance with such energy. I don't know any of the titles either but one tune they played kept repeating tequila tequila cerveza cerveza and it was fun to watch the dancing.

If you like bachata try Aventuras Love and Hate. It is really good.

If you find out any of the titles please let me know.

Susie x
:cheeky:
thanks susie i will be sure to let you know the titles as i do love the c.d i have of aventuras love and hate,so you like the same as me by the look of things thank you once again

dominican lover

Aug 17, 2004
tired_boy said:
Be careful with your terminology on here, before you know it someone will be jumping down your throat saying 'we don't know what you mean, we have never heard of a place called the 'dominican' we only know the Dominican Republic, DR or La Republica Dominicana.'

Yes, you only have one post and you are new to DR1 but they are bloodthirsty! ;)

thanks so much i love aventura, you said your wife so it must be a woman thing, hope you like it also, i stayed in bavero,it was the best ever,the fun i had was unbeleivable, thanks my frind for the reply

dominican lover

Aug 17, 2004
Lesley D said:
Hello,

Okay, "Folllow da leader" is by Nigel & Marvin. This is not Dominican music per se but rather "tropical". It's played all over the world and it is a very catchy tune. Like you said people get up dance to it ...line dance etc. The other song I am not familiar with but I think it may be your spelling. "Dale palla" that doesn't make sense to me nor does it sound familiar.

What do you want to know about bachata and merengue? Can you be more specific? For example are you the type of person that likes bachata from Elvis Mart?nez and Aventura or do you like the more experienced bachateros like Frank Reyes, Raulin Rodr?guez and Antony Santos? You have to be specific. It can make a world of difference to your listening experience.

-Lesley D
yes lesley,but i love rodrigues reyes aventura and martinez, not sure iv herd antony santos, maybe they are some titles i am looking for, it was to much for me to take in any more, i thought i was good getting the titles of the two songs,i have downloaded those two,its all the others they danced to that i cant get, thanks so much for your reply

dominican lover

Aug 17, 2004
Eddy said:
"Follow da leader" Is that a current hit in dominican? It was popular in the Dominican Republic (It's not even a local song) especially at the AI hotels 4 or 5 years ago. Haven't heard it in a long time. Has a nice beat though.
thanks for replying. yes good beat,but it is on u.k adverts,however its not quite the same,it is an old song but they still love it,luckily for me,as i watched them dance to it,it was brilliant, cheers anyway

Nachi

Jul 3, 2004
Here's another one...

Amarfis y La Banda Atakke - La Langosta... haha i am sure you heard that one a bunch of times :)

Nachi

Jul 3, 2004
Maybe you guys can help me out...

with a song title,
When I was in Punta Cana back in June, I heard a really good song.
I can't really explain it, It had a very fast beat and I'm pretty sure that one of the words in the chorus was "loco"
If anyone has any idea what that song may be, please message me back or pm me.
Thx :)

Chareena

Apr 3, 2004
janssoncarina.blogspot.com
Aventura!!! Aventura!!!

la_barbie said:
AVENTURA IN GENERAL :classic: :classic: :classic: :classic:

#1 fan here !!!

Besos for Henry !!! ;) ;) ;)

la_barbie
You're right Aventura is the best. My absolute favourite is Quando volveras. I can listen to it for hours.

#2 fan here!!

Btw, does anybody know if their album Generation Next is still available in DR. I have looked for it in Europe - but no luck.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Chareena said:
la_barbie
You're right Aventura is the best. My absolute favourite is Quando volveras. I can listen to it for hours.

#2 fan here!!

Btw, does anybody know if their album Generation Next is still available in DR. I have looked for it in Europe - but no luck.

Chareena,

Look for the '2 for 1 album', they have all the numbers on there plus 2 bonus tracks.. quando volveras, quando volveras, di me morena si, hay otro en mi lugar...

Btw nobody mentioned Zaccarias Ferreira... a bachatero in the old style

PS I posted this separately as well but got hardly any replies.. does anybody know a good bachata teacher in SDQ who will teach the latest shines?

tiitu

Jun 29, 2004
Hit Parade

dominican lover said:
i want to know the names of the songs,so if anyone can tell me any more song titles,if not any really good bachata or merangue favorites titles. anything you can help with,i will be really happy with cheers:ermm:

Hi,
Referring Radio La N103,5 's Hit-Parade, most listened songs in DR are at the moment:

15 TRAICION FELIX ALMANZAR
14 MUJERES AJENAS KRISPY
13 TU GATO TRISTE ANTHONY SANTOS
12 POR UNAS POCAS MONEDAS CHEO DIAZ
11 CUANDO SE QUIERE SE PUEDE FRANK REYES
10 MI TIERRA EL JEFRY
09 ESE LOCO SOY YO PEPE CORNIEL
08 PAPELETA MATO A MENUDO PE?A SUAZO
07 NO TE VAYAS ELVIS MARTINEZ
06 MI HERMOSO CA?AHUATE RAULIN RODRIGUEZ
05 EL AMOR DE MI VIDA TULILE
04 PEQUE?O AMOR PARADA JOVEN
03 SIMPLEMENTE TE AMO LUIS VARGAS
02 LLORAR AVENTURA
01 UN GRAN FAVOR JHOVANNY POLANCO

Maybe you find your favorites there?

Me gusta Raulin y Anthony Santos :)

Tiitu

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Good list...

Hello,

This list is quite interesting. In my opinion the really good songs are:

1) Tu gato triste- Antony S (I normally do not like his mambos but this one is great!)

2) Cuando se quiere se puede- typical Frank Reyes bachata.

3) Ay hombe (Mi hermoso ca?ahuate)- a Raulin classic

4) Un Gran Favor- Geovanny Polanco-awesome merengue t?pico!

tiitu said:
Hi,
Referring Radio La N103,5 's Hit-Parade, most listened songs in DR are at the moment:

15 TRAICION FELIX ALMANZAR
14 MUJERES AJENAS KRISPY
13 TU GATO TRISTE ANTHONY SANTOS
12 POR UNAS POCAS MONEDAS CHEO DIAZ
11 CUANDO SE QUIERE SE PUEDE FRANK REYES
10 MI TIERRA EL JEFRY
09 ESE LOCO SOY YO PEPE CORNIEL
08 PAPELETA MATO A MENUDO PE?A SUAZO
07 NO TE VAYAS ELVIS MARTINEZ
06 MI HERMOSO CA?AHUATE RAULIN RODRIGUEZ
05 EL AMOR DE MI VIDA TULILE
04 PEQUE?O AMOR PARADA JOVEN
03 SIMPLEMENTE TE AMO LUIS VARGAS
02 LLORAR AVENTURA
01 UN GRAN FAVOR JHOVANNY POLANCO

Maybe you find your favorites there?

Me gusta Raulin y Anthony Santos :)

Tiitu

dominican lover

Aug 17, 2004
thanks lesley D

hi lesley
just have to say you are brilliant,thanks so so much, you have been so helpful,i will get back to you if i need to know something else,if you dont mind,im sure i will love most of these,as i know some of them now just by the titles,and they are ones that are great, cheers

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Dominican lover,

Anytime! When it comes to music you can count on me for some guidance.

Sincerely,

-Lesley D

dominican lover said:
hi lesley
just have to say you are brilliant,thanks so so much, you have been so helpful,i will get back to you if i need to know something else,if you dont mind,im sure i will love most of these,as i know some of them now just by the titles,and they are ones that are great, cheers