Special Gringo Prices, All ways Amaze Me!

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
My wife hired a Dominican Electriction to do some work on our house, He worked on and off for about a week.( My wife is Dominican )When he was finished he asked her for 2000 Pesos.
She ended up paying him RD.$1500 after some haggling.

I asked this Electriction to come with me to my office as I had a light switch for him to change, 20 minutes latter when he was through he presented me with a bill of RD.$1400.

I told him to deal with my wife tomorrow as she doe's the Company books.

After many years here I still get the same Gringo price specials, It used to bother me but now I just tell them it willl be a snowy day in Paradise before you get that out of me!

Also If I enter a store and the price's are not clearly marked, I will just turn around and walk out before they have the chance to offer me the Gringo Special.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Special Pricing

Gringo said:
She ended up paying him RD.$1500 after some haggling.
I know a few women in the DR that I would like your wife negotiate deals for me. Think she might be interested?
Charlie

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Sorry Charlie......

chuckuindy said:
I know a few women in the DR that I would like your wife negotiate deals for me. Think she might be interested?
Charlie

She don't Pimp!

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
My suggestion, next time ask for the price first. If it's too steep, tell him no deal, the you'll see how the price will drop... and if it doesn't drop enough, get someone else!

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
After you've been here for awhile you find out what the going rates are for various tasks and then it's harder to be taken advantage of, of course by then you find out most electricians here aren't worth 5 pesos, you will be doing well if they don't damage anything by the time they're done.

But of course you should always talk price before the job is undertaken, if you want an amusing conversation, try getting a Haitian to do it.

"How much to change this light switch?"

"500 pesos"

"That's too much!"

"Ok....30 pesos, but I want half up front!!!"