vacation plan

fatcat

Aug 19, 2004
entered my message in the wrong forum so here again, need a travel agency
that can help me plan my trip to the dr other than just all inclusive but
travel to different places and plan excursions. any suggestions?

rmary

Oct 4, 2003
Hey fatcat,

If you are planning to go the non-AI route, why do you feel that you need a travel agent? Just curious.

After a few trips to the DR I found that I could really do it all myself, mostly online. I book the flights, villa/hotel rentals online, and any extra travel or "excursions" once I get there. I have found it to be a much better experience.

What part of the country are you interested in seeing? What do you like to do? Where are you travelling from? How many in your group, or are you doing it solo? When would you like to travel? etc. etc. etc.

There are lots of folks here who can give you good advice no matter what your interests are, many of whom actually live in the country.

Rose

jukebox

Aug 19, 2004
hi fatcat
we have good experiences with dominican-holiday.com
nice people , very nice set up, we had everything organised when we
got to puerto plata, we wanted to visit different places and they put
us a couple of days in caberete than to las terrenas and than to santo
domingo, and in between had several fantastic side trips organised
had a really great time
good luck and nice travels
jukebox

Tracy

Jan 23, 2004
travel agent ....

Rose,

Are you sure you are not a travel agent? ;) If not, then maybe you should be.
Your questions are just what an agent would ask. I know because I am one.
And as an agent I have learned so much from this site. And I do agree it's always good to get the advise from the ones who have first hand knowledge. I know that not all agents are the same. But we can be a lot of help for someone who does choose to use an agent.

To fatcat: Look in your local area for travel agencies and just stop by. Have your questions ready and if you don't like how your questions were answered or if they seem unwilling to help move to the next. There will always be pros and cons to everything, but when there is a problem it is so much easier to talk with a person.

rmary said:
Hey fatcat,

If you are planning to go the non-AI route, why do you feel that you need a travel agent? Just curious.

After a few trips to the DR I found that I could really do it all myself, mostly online. I book the flights, villa/hotel rentals online, and any extra travel or "excursions" once I get there. I have found it to be a much better experience.

What part of the country are you interested in seeing? What do you like to do? Where are you travelling from? How many in your group, or are you doing it solo? When would you like to travel? etc. etc. etc.

There are lots of folks here who can give you good advice no matter what your interests are, many of whom actually live in the country.

Rose

rmary

Oct 4, 2003
Hi Tracey,

Actually, I was seriously considering becoming a travel agent, but decided against it at least for now (financial reasons). Maybe next year......

Fatcat, you could not go wrong in using the folks at dominican-hollidays.com. We stayed with them for a couple of days last December. They are realy great people.

Rose