coconut palms????

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Heyas. My co-worker has a time share deal for coconut palms. I just looked at the site...and i told him i would be weary of staying somewhere with no A.C. To me that is always a bad sign.

He is willing to sacrifice the timeshare and stay somewhere else.

I dont believe his trip is scheduled till february and march....and i hope to travel up to sosua (rather than boca chica) myself before then....so i can check things out for him when i am there.

Soooo...any personal opinions? i looked under reviews and they are very varried

jj

GlowWorm

Nov 18, 2003
We stayed at Coconut Palms for 10 days back in February of 2002 and having no AC was not a problem. We were on the second floor, so we left the windows open and the breeze from the ocean was more than sufficient cooling.

The entire complex was very clean and there's a nice little bar down by the beach. I would not have a problem staying there again in the February to March time-frame.

Glow

rmary

Oct 4, 2003
We stayed at the Coconut Palms for two weeks in December a few years ago. We did not have any problem with their being no A/C. The apartments are designed so that there is plenty of flow through breeze and the ceiling fans were more than sufficient to keep the place cool. I'm not so sure how willing I would be to do it in the summer though.

The staff was excellent and the maid kept the place spotless. She also provided us with extra pillows when she saw that we were taking the pillows from the chairs to use at night. She even did the dishes for us though she was not required to do so.

Drawbacks

The beach is not good for swimming though the area is quite beautiful.

You have to take the shuttle or a taxi to get to Cabarete or Sosua. There isn't much within walking distance.

VERY small hotwater tanks, though this is not unusual almost anywhere you stay.

Rose

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
A.C. really is not necessary here in February/March, unless your co-worker has some type of a health issue or is way too overweight. Larger folks seem to notice the heat more. I only use A.C. from June to early October. Last Feb. I wasn't even using the fans at nighttime because it was cold (by DR standards!) plus I had a blanket on my bed!

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Ditto for the no fan and blanket on the bed. It was chilly!!! Even my Rottie would find her way into my bed to get off the cold floor...

Betty Boop

Jun 11, 2004
We stayed at the Coconut Palms this last June. We had no problem with not having A/C. There's a study breeze blowing. We left our windows open and had no problem sleeping. The housekeeping what immaculate, they can change your money on the premises, food is wonderful, a very nice relaxed atmosphere. I would go back again.