exit fees

sandycheeks1977

Aug 20, 2004
Hi! I live in the DR for 1 year 3 months and am going to the States for 1 week vacation. I know that I have to pay some type of overstay fine on my tourist card, but all this is done at the airport correct? Do I need to go to the airport earlier than i planned to take care of this or no? Thanks in Advance. :)

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
sandycheeks1977 said:
Hi! I live in the DR for 1 year 3 months and am going to the States for 1 week vacation. I know that I have to pay some type of overstay fine on my tourist card, but all this is done at the airport correct? Do I need to go to the airport earlier than i planned to take care of this or no? Thanks in Advance. :)

Add 15 minute, tops. There is a cashier, oddly placed sort of after the migracion guys - go there, (tip: check the price list which isn't at the cashier but at the migracion guys) , pay the "fine" (e.g. tax) then go to the migracion with proof you paid. Prepare for the shakedown to happen at the cashier and a disappointed migracion guy who can't try to shake you down first. For 1 1/2 years I think it is under RD$500, or US$25, maybe even more like $15.