Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Felix Sanchez has just won the first heat of the 400m hurdles. His time: 48.51

He is through to tomorrow's semi final.

Chiri

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
He was barely jogging! It looked so easy!

I think he will do very well (based on that qualifying round anyway)

Farmer

Antiguo
Dec 2, 2003
Run Felix Run!! And an atta-girl to my cousin Terin Humphrey, a member of the U.S. Women's Gymnastic Team for her silver medal with the team and silver again last night in the individual competition on the uneven bars! We're so proud.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
SuperSanchez in final!

Put the champagne on ice...

Farmer, that must be such a great feeling. Congratulations and enjoy your celebrations.

Felix Sanchez is now through to the final. I missed the race but he was just being interviewed on Eurosport, breathless and victorious.

All eyes on our hero in the final tomorrow!

Chiri

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
All eyes on our hero in the final tomorrow!

I thought it was on Thursday?

Just chiming to say that I'm watching, too! And not to jinx, but, a first gold medal for the DR! How exciting!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
just saw the race here on delay in NYC! my my my...i have seen pics of him before....didnt realize he was still running. This man has some "bounce" (im NOT gonna explain "bouce....but just watch and you will know what i am talking about). Besides that....its VERY cool to see him win!!!

sensual_morena

Aug 25, 2004
Felixxxxxxxxxxxxx Will Win The Gold

I just wanted to post a message showing my support of my fello San Dieagan, friend, and BEST DAMN 400M MALE HURDLER I have ever seen, Mr. Felix Sanchez!

I have been telling Felix for the longest that I wanted to have a chance to actually see him in action (unfortunately they do not televise most of his competitions) and last night was my 1st opportunity for that. For a sport that I am sure is tremendously difficult, he looked so relaxed.....especailly towards the end when he eased up and appeared to just glide past the finish line. I know my boy will win the Gold in this event. I heard somewhere that he will also be in a relay.....does anyone out there know for sure?

Anyway.............mad props out to Felix for running a great race (Round 1), being an incredible athlete, and lookin' so damn fine doin what he does best.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I didn't realize that Pedro was born in New York

and raised in san Diego Calif.He is like "A-Rod",born and raised in the "Good Ol USA!"American by birth,Dominican By choice! ;)

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
Criss Colon said:
and raised in san Diego Calif.He is like "A-Rod",born and raised in the "Good Ol USA!"American by birth,Dominican By choice! ;)

good point....from that we can surmise that if he wins a medal he definitely deserves his dominican status........if he doesn't, he is american.

sensual_morena

Aug 25, 2004
Hey MrMike.

I'm sure you are a handsome man, but you wife (and myself) have good taste! :cheeky: If I wasn't so into him myself, I would definitly try to set something up......but I will have to be a typical chick and tell the two of you to try that task on your own. Sorry sweetie.

Daygo in da house! Go Felix! MUAH

mariel

Dominisueca
Apr 7, 2004
GANAMOS EL OROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i just saw the final but the time hasn't been given yet. will post it later.

:D

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Man was that emotional!!! Almost all the employees where I work were stuck to the tv and stayed there until the national anthem finished... wow! Congrats to the Dominicanos and get ready for the fiesta when Felix comes back!!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I'm so disappointed to have missed it! I wasn't able to see it on TV. Did people take to the streets? A much-needed boost for the Dominican people and all who love the DR.

Chiri

mariel

Dominisueca
Apr 7, 2004
anyone saw the medal ceremony? it was, according to the olympics' website, scheduled for last night at 22:55 greece time, which is one hour ahead from where i am and i didn't see it in any of the 2 channels we have that cover the games. i waited like 30 mins and nothing.

carolina

Mar 23, 2002
yeah, i was watching on nbc and was waiting for the awards ceremony so that i could hear el Himno Nacional play throughout olympic stadium, pero got nothing......i'm mad at nbc.
-caro

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
We in the Dominican Rep were able to see the Ceremony and hear the Himno Nacional, very good performance by Super Sanchez, now what the hell happen to Carter the American Runner he could have easely taken the second place and opted fo no medal crying like a little girl.