We Are All Doomed!!!!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
First of all, take a breathe after reading that scary title, we are not really doomed, yet.

You see, apparently mother nature have her plans in destroying not just the DR, but the entire world by collapsing an island in the Canaries. As confusing as this sounds, just read the article in the link below and pray it won't happen during our life time.

Let me warn you, this is scary tough to just think about, let alone actually experiencing it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/spain/article/0,2763,1279814,00.html

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
(yawn)

What some people read. When you hear about the meteor let me know. Only then shall I panic.
TEHAMA

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
Dress it up anyway you wish.
I never read nor reply to the clown bin (until now with its new location)
TEHAMA

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Interesting to say the least!

The problem is probably one of scale. Nobody believes that a disaster of that scale will happen in their lifetimes. Like the giant meteor or the asteroid hit. Same for a hurricane that goes up the East Coast of the US to NYC. It could conceivably produce a wall of water from the storm surge that would flood most of Manhatten and a lot of Long Island....But it won't happen to me!

IF this disaster should happen there, we can kiss Saman? and S?nchez goodbye, as well as the East Coast hotels, and Barahona, maybe even Boca Chica.. Interesting to speculate, no matter..

HB

Toronto2inDR

Jun 10, 2004
www.legendhomesnorthcoast.com
Most of the time scientists greatly exaggerate these kinds of things in order to scare people and government into handing over large amounts of money for research and monitoring and what not.

It?s much like the whole polar ice caps issue, if you use simple logic then you figure out that it?s all bull$hit. How?s that you ask? Well most of the ice is at or below sea level and if you do a simple experiment at home you?ll prove these idiots all wrong?Water in it?s frozen state occupies more space then when in liquid state?Take a glass and put some ice in it and then add water until the ice floats freely from the bottom of the cup?notice that ice is above the water line. Mark the level of the water/ice and wait for it to melt. When it?s melted you?ll notice that it won?t change the level of the water even thought the ice did come up above the level of the water and should have raised it at least a bit?Trust me it won?t.

Also note that the a$$hole leader of Greenpeace who popularized this theory with the whole global worming issue?ten years before was preaching to anyone who would listen that we were headed right into another ice age?so which is it?we all going to burn in an inferno until the ice caps melt and drowned us all or we going to freeze to death in a permafreeze???

Rosemary

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 13, 2004
Nobody believed that an Earthquake would ever happen in Alaska, but it did ! How can you compare an ice cube and its effects to a Polar ice cap? Have you ever stood close to one ! some of them are higher and wider than Long Island standing upwards, and you want people to believe this would not have a disastrous effect and change on the landscape should one melt completely? We are feeling the effects already around the Earth from their slow melting now! Rivers and oceans are either rising or receding ! Cause and Effect premise! As for the leader of Greenpeace, thank god for him and others like him, otherwise you would be inhaling one hell of a lot more pollution than you are now, and thats still too much ! Re his preaching of 10yrs ago on an approaching ice age,where we would all freeze to death. I didn't read into it that way, I took from it the same type of message I got from the preachings of Edgar Cayce, and he was doing it way back in the 30s-40s when he said by the year 2000 the earth would become different from what we knew it to be! Ice caps would start melting, regions that had been barren and cold would become sub tropical again and regions we know as tropical would become colder ! is not Australia not quite as warm as it used to be , is not Canada's winters not quite as cold as they used to be ? He also stated about the unearthing of sites containing the remains of animals that couldn't possibly have lived in a frozen environment! I believe Alberta in Canada is referred to as the graveyard of dinosaurs and large woolly mammoths who could only have lived in a sub-tropic region! not to mention the large deposits of tropical sand they have also found there ! So yes ! I believe anything is possible !

Toronto2inDR

Jun 10, 2004
www.legendhomesnorthcoast.com
Didn't say it's not possible just that they use fear to get what they want...MONEY!

There is no doubt that there are changes happening but the impact the humanity actually has is the real question. How many of the changes we are experiencing are actually part of the normal cycles of the earth and it's ever evolving landscape and environment.

There could be a "big one" in California this Sep like many predicted or there may not. We just don't know for sure and some so called scientists are capitalizing on the fear many have to dip into their wallets.

Also get yourself the numbers on the estimates of the ice above sea level and how much is under sea level...Anything over 40% above sea level and then we are in big trouble but that's not reality.

Just take all these humanity ending disaster predictions with a grain of salt.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Toronto2inDR said:
Most of the time scientists greatly exaggerate these kinds of things in order to scare people and government into handing over large amounts of money for research and monitoring and what not.

It?s much like the whole polar ice caps issue, if you use simple logic then you figure out that it?s all bull$hit. How?s that you ask? Well most of the ice is at or below sea level and if you do a simple experiment at home you?ll prove these idiots all wrong?Water in it?s frozen state occupies more space then when in liquid state?Take a glass and put some ice in it and then add water until the ice floats freely from the bottom of the cup?notice that ice is above the water line. Mark the level of the water/ice and wait for it to melt. When it?s melted you?ll notice that it won?t change the level of the water even thought the ice did come up above the level of the water and should have raised it at least a bit?Trust me it won?t.

Also note that the a$$hole leader of Greenpeace who popularized this theory with the whole global worming issue?ten years before was preaching to anyone who would listen that we were headed right into another ice age?so which is it?we all going to burn in an inferno until the ice caps melt and drowned us all or we going to freeze to death in a permafreeze???
I am interested in hearing more on the "global worming issue".............. Damn! Back to the dog pills again! :cheeky:

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
Lambada said:
I am interested in hearing more on the "global worming issue".............. Damn! Back to the dog pills again! :cheeky:

....i'm more worried about the terrifying, big butch worm!

Nal0whs said:
.....Let me warn you, this is scary tough.........

brian richards

Jan 2, 2004
loose no sleep

I live in Leigh on Sea, Essex, England. We have a ship packed full of explosives sank just of shore from the war. Over the last week its been on the TV a lot. Its unstable, and the Marines patrol it. If it goes up, it will be the biggest explosion known to man apart from the A Bomb, It will cause an 11 mile crater and a massive tidal wave up the Thames.

But I still sleep, because I know that London has a flood barrier, and the fishermen in the midlands will get their fish quota without even putting to sea.

Sleep tight my friend who knows what tommorow will bring.