Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Stories

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by twincactus
    Vegas1973,

Yes, we are very much in love. And we break all the rules they put here in the forum. We met online in the spring of this year and were married on September. It wasn't long, but sometimes you just know. We knew we were made for each other. She will be here in the states (hopefully) sometime this spring. I love her so much!

Thanks for the nice comments!

-Tim
    I am glad you found your soulmates and that you two are happy...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by twincactus
    Vegas1973,

Yes, we are very much in love. And we break all the rules they put here in the forum. We met online in the spring of this year and were married on September. It wasn't long, but sometimes you just know. We knew we were made for each other. She will be here in the states (hopefully) sometime this spring. I love her so much!

Thanks for the nice comments!

-Tim
    I wish you all the best. Keep us informed as to how the visa process is going. We are always interested on getting hints to help others here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnsr
    Great photo's !! Thanks for posting them. Looks like a good time was had by all. I have some posted (webshots) photos of our daughters wedding, the address is http://community.webshots.com/album/198784396IbuuqH [/B] Copy and Paste
    John
    John those are lovely pictures thanks for posting them.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default wedding

We are getting married next month at the Melia Caribe in Punta Cana.

I would love to hear from anyone that has gotten married there. I have heard from a few people on other sites but always like to hear more.

Also, a question about the photographers that are there? Any recommendations? Or are there independent photographers that you can hire?

Thanks
    S-

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Coniglio

Wedding Stories:

Did you get married in the DR? We'd like to hear where you got married, how the day went. Did you use the services they offer in a resort ect.

Thank you

I never learn...
    Post Thanks / Like

When I proposed to Yris on my 4th Trip to see her, I think she already had the wedding planned. Being that I'm not Catholic(or any other religion) we couldn't get married in the church,like she wanted. She is still trying to convert me. We were going to get married in her house by Nancy, her childhood friend. We were only going to have immediate family and a small guestlist for the reception. I went back to Canada for work as the wedding was going to be in April. When I returned, the weather was perfect. 25 Celcius in Jarabacoa and sunny. Just before the food was to show up, several cars arrived and we were swept into them and taken over to Pedro and Maria's house, where unknown to Yris or me, they had moved the wedding. Now everything was out of Yris's hands and being organised by her cousin Alina and her friend Maria. Pedro and Maria are quite well to do and their house is a beautiful place with marble floors and room for lots of people, which there were. The wedding was about 2 hours late, because they had to get everything just right. Finally the cerimony took place. I didn't understand hardly any spanish at that time(still don't), but knew what I had to say and when. As we had not got rings yet we had to borrow some for the wedding.
    After the wedding, we had a great feast(catered) and lots of dancing. We were lucky enough to have one of Yris's former student sing for us(now singing in nightclubs in Spain) He did several love songs before switching to the normal Dominican Merengue. There wasn't alot of boose, as most of Yris's family are non-drinkers, but there was some wine and scotch,rum...etc. AS A WEDDING PRESENT, Pedro paid for everything but the judge.
    The next day we went to Playa Dorado for our Honeymoon. 6th Wedding aniversary next Saturday.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool just thought i would add a photo...

we were married on the 7th oct 2003, thats almost 2years ago and we still going strong!! we got married at jamao al norte,on way to moca. was the most beautiful day of my life!! only have one photo on comp so will show this to you and will post more soon!! nice to have a thread where no-one judges you!! and having success stories is better!! glad to hear you all are happy just like ourselves!!
    we have a son of 20months called bradley and we are expecting another 22nd january 2006 which makes me 5months!! cant wait!! i am 7months pregnant on this weeding photo. enjoy!!
    calala2k
    wedding pic[url]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a358/calala2k/DSC03283.jpg
    bradley with his daddy on 1st birthday http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a358/calala2k/bradley027.jpg
    my son cheeky @ 11months http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a358/calala2k/bradley061.jpg
    bradley with his pooh bear http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a358/calala2k/bradley048.jpg
    Last edited by calala2k; 09-01-2005 at 05:22 AM. Reason: adding more photos

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Your baby is so cute just like you. makes me want to cuddle him too.
    Hope you are happy forever.
    Sincerely, from Malaysia.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this wedding stories forum is a great idea! I was specifically looking for weddings in Sun Village. If anyone has been married there or has attended a wedding there please share!
    Best wishes to all. Nice pics!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast