Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wedding Stories

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I married my Dominican husband in Cabarete, DR in october 2006. We were planning on a small wedding, just for close friends and family, but in the end it was a party with about 200 people. We didnt have a lot of money, so the wedding was basic, but very beautifull! We had a lot of help from friends and family! We married in Extreme Hotel, for free, coz we were friends with the manager, another friend of us a photographer made all the pictures (BEAUTIFUL!) Everything together was about $1000-1500, which included EVERYTHING, from the invitations to the outfit, dinner and drinks. About 15 friends and family from me flew over and 40 friends I knew from there. All the rest were friends from him and people that just showed up uninvited? (quite alot of uninvited people, dont know if thats normal over there???) Anyway I didnt let that bother me and I had the best night of my life. I dont have my pictures only anywhere, but if somebody wants to see pictures from the photo shoot before the wedding or pics from the wedding I can send them to you)

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a story its a longer one though. Ill keep it simple tho. I got married in Santo Domingo. In the house of my husbands Grandmother RIP. It was nice . HOTTT.. He was obviously Dominicano. 10/09/2009. It was nice. In the end though. He got to the states , Said I don't love you like that [IMG] [/IMG] anymore and left within 47 days sorry for the depressing story. On the brighter side. Recomendations. If I could do it over. I would have a small ceremony on the beach either Boca Chica, or juan Dolio Is also beautiful. There's plenty of fresh flowers every were. That's great!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I got married at City Hall in NYC in 1967. It was all that my wife and I could afford at that time. Took all of 5 minutes.

4. Likes bizzyboneizo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

how much would a basic wedding cost on the cheap side

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I met my dream girl in DR on 9/11 3 years ago and fell in love since. We have been chatting on Skype almost everyday then proposed her and it was all good. Recently, I came home from DR and planning for wedding in November and am very exicted!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bizzyboneizo View Post
    how much would a basic wedding cost on the cheap side
    I tell you I'm married my sweet english boy in jan 06, nothing fancy. Around 200.00
    He ask me out for a fancy dinner at Bricciola in Old colonial Zone. Where he ask the big question, I was in shock, tears of Happiness of course. The next day I told a friend on my way to work that (he as the big question) and I didn't know what to do. I was lucky I suppose she is a lawyer by profession, (she arrange the papers that he need, in order to get married)
    she call me around midday and told you are getting married this Saturday at 12.00. Panicking I told another friend ( by the way it was Wednesday ) I told her that I was happy to get married in jeans and shirt - she work her magic and I got a dress
    measure that afternoon at my lunch to be collect Saturday morning.
    My sister bought 24 red roses and the next afternoon I went with my English boy to Villa consuelo (bit scary place) and got
    some gold (very simple wedding ring) around 50.00 for both they make it fit the same day.
    Friday my friend that arrange the wedding got me Cake ( simple two level) and my neighbourd she owns a beauty salon help
    me with my afro hair, decorations and make a barbecue after the wedding. I study art in the UASD so another friend was the
    photographer .

Was a civil office in a shopping mall 9 people were present ( include myself and my hubbie)
    Is the best day of our life, we still remember the Bbq party, the dance and that got out of the dress and got very comfy jeans and white shirt - I can send you the photos

We say that we will do a confirmation in the UK but to be honest we have each other and that is important

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

. He was obviously Dominicano. 10/09/2009. It was nice. In the end though. He got to the states , Said I don't love you like that [IMG] [/IMG] anymore and left within 47 days sorry for the depressing story

Sorry to hear about that

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234