Wedding Stories

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
At the Dominican Fiesta last month I met Debbie from Debbie's travel and I told her how much I like her idea about having wedding stories on her Website.

So since I'm always looking for different topics to have in this Mars/venus forum, I think we should give it a try. This doesn't have to be about marrying a Dominican but if your Wedding took place in the Dominican Republic.

Wedding Stories:

Did you get married in the DR? We'd like to hear where you got married, how the day went. Did you use the services they offer in a resort ect.

Thank you

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
Anna, Around the middle of Oct. I will write a T/R regarding my daughters wedding on Oct.5, and the pre-planning we did. We did read the postings on Debbie?s web site regarding weddings, some of which were very helpful!
John

Anna Coniglio said:
At the Dominican Fiesta last month I met Debbie from Debbie's travel and I told her how much I like her idea about having wedding stories on her Website.

So since I'm always looking for different topics to have in this Mars/venus forum, I think we should give it a try. This doesn't have to be about marrying a Dominican but if your Wedding took place in the Dominican Republic.

Wedding Stories:

Did you get married in the DR? We'd like to hear where you got married, how the day went. Did you use the services they offer in a resort ect.

Thank you

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
That's great. Looking forward to the stories. Will be a nice change of pace.

Thanks

dwntwn22

Aug 25, 2003
Weddings

Hi Anna, I was married at Coral Hamaca in April of 2003, some of my family from Pittsburgh came with me and my husband was from San Pedro and about 15 of his family came to the wedding.. we were married at sunset on the beach under a beautiful white tent set up by the hotel, they have a wedding package that included flowers and beautiful chairs under the tent and provided a cake, they had a photographer on the resort and after the ceremony we had dinner for everyone in the seafood restaraunt that was over the water. It was a very romantic day, and my husband arrived here in the states about 5 months after the wedding, has gotten a good job and is adjusting to american culture and I am adjusting to smelling dominican food in my kitchen...haha....oh, and for those of you that may wonder, he worked in annimation when I met him and we celebrated our 1 year anniversary this april and things are still going strong.....so not all long distance/dominican men/annimation worker stories end in a disaster, you just have to be ready to work at it and smart enough to see through alot of the bull.....but I wanted to say the Coral Hamaca in Boca Chica has a wonderful wedding package and beautiful areas to hold the ceremony, and the wedding coordinators at the hotel are wonderful, professional and great to work with. I would highly recommend it...

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
On 10/05/04 Coral by Hilton Marien located in Costa Dorado, Puerto Plata, was where our Daughter was married. We have a time share there and have stayed there about 10 times in the past few years, so we know all the staff quite well.
I can?t begin to tell you how pleased we were with the wedding services provided by the hotel. In the early stages of planning we had our doubts as we were constantly told ?anything you want?. Our wedding planner Florangle Bueno was correct; we got everything we wanted plus more!
The wedding went great, the day was beautiful, and our guests (22 from US and 13 from DR) had a good time and enjoyed the festivities.
Reception was held in the convention center and the staff did a fantastic job of decorating the room with vegetable carvings and enough flowers to fill the room with a tropical atmosphere!
There are many pictures posted in the Media Sect.
John (Proud Dad)

Vegas1973

Nov 17, 2004
twincactus said:
Total cost was about $1500 US

My pictures are up at www.twincactus.com if anyone wants to see them. Comments and questions are welcomed. :glasses:

-Tim

You two seem really in love!!! Very nice photos. How long were you two together before you got married, may I ask?

twincactus

Aug 9, 2004
www.dominicanstotheusa.com
Thanks guys!

Vegas1973,

Yes, we are very much in love. And we break all the rules they put here in the forum. We met online in the spring of this year and were married on September. It wasn't long, but sometimes you just know. We knew we were made for each other. She will be here in the states (hopefully) sometime this spring. I love her so much!

Thanks for the nice comments!

-Tim

Vegas1973

Nov 17, 2004
twincactus said:
Vegas1973,

Yes, we are very much in love. And we break all the rules they put here in the forum. We met online in the spring of this year and were married on September. It wasn't long, but sometimes you just know. We knew we were made for each other. She will be here in the states (hopefully) sometime this spring. I love her so much!

-Tim

I am glad you found your soulmates and that you two are happy...

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
twincactus said:
Vegas1973,

-Tim

I wish you all the best. Keep us informed as to how the visa process is going. We are always interested on getting hints to help others here.

caribbean_bride

Mar 23, 2004
www.digital-werks.net
wedding

We are getting married next month at the Melia Caribe in Punta Cana.

I would love to hear from anyone that has gotten married there. I have heard from a few people on other sites but always like to hear more.

Also, a question about the photographers that are there? Any recommendations? Or are there independent photographers that you can hire?

Thanks
S-

Anna Coniglio said:
Wedding Stories:

Thank you

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
When I proposed to Yris on my 4th Trip to see her, I think she already had the wedding planned. Being that I'm not Catholic(or any other religion) we couldn't get married in the church,like she wanted. She is still trying to convert me. We were going to get married in her house by Nancy, her childhood friend. We were only going to have immediate family and a small guestlist for the reception. I went back to Canada for work as the wedding was going to be in April. When I returned, the weather was perfect. 25 Celcius in Jarabacoa and sunny. Just before the food was to show up, several cars arrived and we were swept into them and taken over to Pedro and Maria's house, where unknown to Yris or me, they had moved the wedding. Now everything was out of Yris's hands and being organised by her cousin Alina and her friend Maria. Pedro and Maria are quite well to do and their house is a beautiful place with marble floors and room for lots of people, which there were. The wedding was about 2 hours late, because they had to get everything just right. Finally the cerimony took place. I didn't understand hardly any spanish at that time(still don't), but knew what I had to say and when. As we had not got rings yet we had to borrow some for the wedding.
After the wedding, we had a great feast(catered) and lots of dancing. We were lucky enough to have one of Yris's former student sing for us(now singing in nightclubs in Spain) He did several love songs before switching to the normal Dominican Merengue. There wasn't alot of boose, as most of Yris's family are non-drinkers, but there was some wine and scotch,rum...etc. AS A WEDDING PRESENT, Pedro paid for everything but the judge.
The next day we went to Playa Dorado for our Honeymoon. 6th Wedding aniversary next Saturday.

calala2k

Apr 22, 2005
just thought i would add a photo...

we were married on the 7th oct 2003, thats almost 2years ago and we still going strong!! we got married at jamao al norte,on way to moca. was the most beautiful day of my life!! only have one photo on comp so will show this to you and will post more soon!! nice to have a thread where no-one judges you!! and having success stories is better!! glad to hear you all are happy just like ourselves!!
we have a son of 20months called bradley and we are expecting another 22nd january 2006 which makes me 5months!! cant wait!! i am 7months pregnant on this weeding photo. enjoy!!
calala2k
wedding pichttp://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a...ucket.com/albums/a358/calala2k/bradley048.jpg

Last edited:

frndms

Jul 1, 2006
Your baby is so cute just like you. makes me want to cuddle him too.
Hope you are happy forever.
Sincerely, from Malaysia.

bfly75

Jul 15, 2004
I think this wedding stories forum is a great idea! I was specifically looking for weddings in Sun Village. If anyone has been married there or has attended a wedding there please share!
Best wishes to all. Nice pics!!