Why LD relationships are difficult!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
soybella
Salsablondie

Dear (pick one):
Yo te kiero mucho.(Tengo que ir a la escuela; tengo que ver el doctor;nesecito pagar el telefono)

Mi mami esta enferma (etcetcetc)
Tu puede mandame unos dolares?(etcetcetc
Eya esta mur enferma

te kiero mucho.

tu papi lindo

They never end, do they?????

soybella716

Aug 16, 2004
Now exactly what is this for?

Hillbilly said:
soybella
Salsablondie

Dear (pick one):
Yo te kiero mucho.(Tengo que ir a la escuela; tengo que ver el doctor;nesecito pagar el telefono)

Eya esta mur enferma

te kiero mucho.

tu papi lindo

SalsaBlondie

Aug 28, 2003
pardon me HB, this thread was supposed to be SUPPORT for long distance relationships. i don't believe this post belongs here.. it's off topic :tired:

Hillbilly said:
soybella
Salsablondie

Dear (pick one):

Eya esta mur enferma

te kiero mucho.

tu papi lindo

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
soybella716 said:
I'm not interested in any dominican or latin men bashing. So please non of that. Just looking for some advise or things that you've done to help keep your relationships going and I would love to hear nice stories!!!!!!!!!!! Ciao :)

The best way is to send him money, just keep doing that and you'll be friends for life or longer.

soybella716

Aug 16, 2004
There was no reason for you to make this remark, If you have bad feelings to that to yourself I don't have any of that going on.
For your information I've never sent him money and in the year I've known him he has never asked. If you don't have anything nice to say please keep it to yourself..........
CyaBye3015 said:
The best way is to send him money, just keep doing that and you'll be friends for life or longer.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
soybella716 said:
There was no reason for you to make this remark, If you have bad feelings to that to yourself I don't have any of that going on.
For your information I've never sent him money and in the year I've known him he has never asked. If you don't have anything nice to say please keep it to yourself..........

soybella716,

You're wrong, There WAS a reason for me to make that remark. I've been traveling to the islands for 20+ years, but I'll leave it at that!

Joe

soybella716

Aug 16, 2004
This thread is not for negative comments. That's fine if you'v been traveling there for 20 years. I wish you well, but what I'm saying is this is not the place for a comment of such......so if you don't have something supportive to say then don't comment here. As stated before I don't send him money, everyone there doesn't want money from you!

CyaBye3015 said:
soybella716,

You're wrong, There WAS a reason for me to make that remark. I've been traveling to the islands for 20+ years, but I'll leave it at that!

Joe

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
I'm sorry

soybella716 said:
This thread is not for negative comments. That's fine if you'v been traveling there for 20 years. I wish you well, but what I'm saying is this is not the place for a comment of such......so if you don't have something supportive to say then don't comment here. As stated before I don't send him money, everyone there doesn't want money from you!

Please forgive me, I didn't know someone appointed you as the goddess who determines what can and cannot be said on this board. Again, I'm sorry!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
When you come to a public message board to ask to support people we don't know you are going to take a mish mash of reactions. You can't dictate what people will say. You take what you want and skip over what you don't like.

I said it in another thread people that have good LD relationships and are sure of their guy/girl don't need to be doing this. There's many here but you won't hear from them unless they PM you.

Last edited:

Rio~San~juan

Aug 3, 2004
www.faceparty.co.uk
soybella

Hi Soybella,

you may be asking for help and support on here but thats probably one thing your not gonna get :confused: , as soon as you write on here your man is automatically set up as a Sankie, he may have never asked for money or anything but people on here think most of the dominican males are " :disappoin sankies :disappoin "
i have a post on here also and i have alot of bad commets.

but some people will write nice comments like salsablondie, she is the same as us as im sure you will know.

anways just pm me anytime i will do anything i can to help you, if you just want a chat or whatever with someone thats it the same situation just holla.

take care of yourself.
Natacha :knockedou

soybella716 said:

SalsaBlondie

Aug 28, 2003
if an american marries a dominican and applies for a k-3 visa you have a good chance of bringing them here. if they deny the visa it's probably because they suspect fraud.
i hear the fiance visa is not *as* easy to get but still not too hard.

SafireDream said:
Free - Your story was wonderful. I wish you and your husband a bright future. I have a question - Do you reside in the DR or in the U.S.? I have read many ambiguous threads in regards to marrying someone from the DR and successfully getting them to the U.S.. Some say that it is not that difficult and others say that it is like a one in a million shot. Just curious.

Soybella716 - I wish you nothing but happiness. Take the information that is given as just that, information. Only you and your boyfriend know what type of relationship you have and that is what should matter. Not only follow your heart and mind, but also follow your instincts. They say a woman's intuition is usually right.

Best wishes!!
Tata

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
The one in a million shot ( for a lot of Dominicans) is getting a vistor's visa for countries such as Canada and the United States. But that's another topic you can search under the legal forum.

nystateofmind

Aug 6, 2003
Hillbilly......

What an appropriate name for someone who makes the comments that you consistently make.

I have read your "advice/expertise" - or whatever YOU choose to call it - here for months and the next nice thing you have to say will be the first.

Are you the only one in the world that can have a successful relationship with a Dominican? How many arrows were shot at you when you started yours?

Give the lady a break and keep your negative comments to yourself. Who annointed you as the voice of reason?

Soybella....best of luck with your relationship.

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hillbilly has stated many times I'm sure that his relationship did pass the three rules test plus the fact that he's lived in the DR for over 35 years and has seen more than we can imagine. You should take what you like from a post and store the rest in your memory for it might come in handy some day.

The three rules are:

1) He/she has a bank account equal to your own-in pesos, not dollars or pounds (You have 100 pounds, he has 100 pesos, that's all.). He has a Credit Card and can write a cheque.
2) He/she has a Visa to travel to the US or Canada
3) He/she is educated to the equivalent of your own level: High School, Tech School whatever.....
If there is a "no" to any one of these, then essentially you are wasting your time

nystateofmind

Aug 6, 2003
Anna Coniglio said:
Hillbilly has stated many times I'm sure that his relationship did pass the three rules test plus the fact that he's lived in the DR for over 35 years and has seen more than we can imagine. You should take what you like from a post and store the rest in your memory for it might come in handy some day.

The three rules are:

1) He/she has a bank account equal to your own-in pesos, not dollars or pounds (You have 100 pounds, he has 100 pesos, that's all.). He has a Credit Card and can write a cheque.
2) He/she has a Visa to travel to the US or Canada
3) He/she is educated to the equivalent of your own level: High School, Tech School whatever.....
If there is a "no" to any one of these, then essentially you are wasting your time

Aren't those his rules that he made up? One other question - did the "rules" go into effect before or after he started his relationship?

Pretty easy to be a Monday morning quarterback if you know what I mean.

All that I was saying is give the lady a break. She sounds like she is old enough to know what she is doing. Sometimes you have to take a shot in life. She is taking hers.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
nystateofmind said:
Aren't those his rules that he made up? One other question - did the "rules" go into effect before or after he started his relationship?

Pretty easy to be a Monday morning quarterback if you know what I mean.

All that I was saying is give the lady a break. She sounds like she is old enough to know what she is doing. Sometimes you have to take a shot in life. She is taking hers.
This is a support thread and nothing other so I hope she makes beautiful babies because this is what she wanted to hear. I don't think that the relationship stands a chance but this was not what she wanted to hear so I didn't say so.

I do have to answer your statement or question though.

Just because you are old, smart, intelligent in the ways of the country you come from, lucky in love, lucky in marraige, good in business, street smart from where you come, shrewd and anything else you may want to add on to this list...

It don't mean more than a basket of camel dung in the DR because there are NO RULES, NO COMPARISONS, and NOT ONE DAMN THING THAT IS SIMILAR TO WHERE YOU COME FROM!

YOU AIN'T in KANSAS ANYMORE TOTO!

Why in hell should anyone give this woman a break? You think if we give her a break it will be any better for her? You have not the slightest clue in the world about what goes on in the DR and evidently neither does she. She wants to wear blinders it is fine with me but age has not one damn thing to do with any damn thing.

Back to the subject of this thread.

May you make wonderful babies and many of them that will give you joy for the rest of your life. I support you 100%!~!!

soybella716

Aug 16, 2004
No one said anything about me knowing what's goes on in DR. I'm saying what I know about the person I'm with. Everyone is not the same I don't care where they live or where they come from. I understand all that you say on in this forum and it's information that I keep in my head. That doesn't change the fact that I met a good person. Who doesn't deserve to have a red stamp on his head just because of the place that he happen to be born.

Escott said:
This is a support thread and nothing other so I hope she makes beautiful babies because this is what she wanted to hear. I don't think that the relationship stands a chance but this was not what she wanted to hear so I didn't say so.

I do have to answer your statement or question though.

Just because you are old, smart, intelligent in the ways of the country you come from, lucky in love, lucky in marraige, good in business, street smart from where you come, shrewd and anything else you may want to add on to this list...

It don't mean more than a basket of camel dung in the DR because there are NO RULES, NO COMPARISONS, and NOT ONE DAMN THING THAT IS SIMILAR TO WHERE YOU COME FROM!

YOU AIN'T in KANSAS ANYMORE TOTO!

Why in hell should anyone give this woman a break? You think if we give her a break it will be any better for her? You have not the slightest clue in the world about what goes on in the DR and evidently neither does she. She wants to wear blinders it is fine with me but age has not one damn thing to do with any damn thing.

Back to the subject of this thread.

May you make wonderful babies and many of them that will give you joy for the rest of your life. I support you 100%!~!!