cost of domestic travel

greenhornet

Aug 29, 2004
hello thanx for reading this. There will be three couples traveling in Jan to the DR. Our first stop is puerta plata for one week. The second week is in la romana. Where should I fly into POP, SDQ, or LRM? And what are your recomdations, and what will it cost to travel from POP to LRM. I have not purchased my plane tickets yet thus I am flexable. Next I have not been able to find a review of LHVC@lifestyle crown villas in playa cofresi 1. I booked this thru RCI and it is hacienda resorts. I really appreciate any help offered will be standing by. :cross-eye

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
You have one stop north, one south, it may be an idea to find an open jaw ticket - arrive at POP, leave from LRM, AA will do that for not much, if anything extra since they serve both airports.

Otherwise if I were in this dilemma I'd fly to SDQ, take a cab to the capital and the Metro/Caribe bus to POP and return, for a cheap fare of like $5 each way plus the taxi, then take a taxi from the capital to LRM, and return to the airport.

Or presumably you can fluke out and get the Bavaro/Higuey bus on time in the capital and use that to go East, getting off in LRM, but for a small group splitting the costs, a taxi makes more sense convenience and time wise.

greenhornet

Aug 29, 2004
thank you very much the "open jaw" was my thought. about how long will it take to travel from pop to lrm via bus. I would also be interested in any recomandations that you would have on activities or excursions while in pop (jan 15-22,2005), and lrm (jan22-29). Thank you for all your insite.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Taxi! Hey! Over Here!

greenhornet said:
thank you very much the "open jaw" was my thought. about how long will it take to travel from pop to lrm via bus. I would also be interested in any recomandations that you would have on activities or excursions while in pop (jan 15-22,2005), and lrm (jan22-29). Thank you for all your insite.

Well POP to the stations in the capital is what? 4 -5 hours or so with the stop in Santiago. Then you have to a) find and b) wait for the departure of the Higuey/Bavaro bus and that would be about an hour to Boca Chica and then maybe 90 minutes to LRM. I bet if you started at 8 a.m. you'd be lucky to get to LRM by 6 p.m. Go to the capital, there are 6 of you - take a cab to LRM.

As for excursions, sounds wayyyyy too all-inclusive touristy experience for me so I don't know what you'd do. Hire a car and driver, get a map and look around.

Do the open jaw thing and save days of busing around.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
What the heck

There are 6 of you-take a plane!
POP LRM is about 45 minutes.

Certainly on a vacation, time is money, too!

Depending on where you will be staying in La Romana the Marina is a must see and visit place, especially in the evenings
The Cueva de las Maravillas is a must see
A boat trip to the little island in front of LRM is also recommended.

Golf? Teeth of the Dog and Dye Fore are to be remembered as some of the best in the world.

HB

greenhornet

Aug 29, 2004
thnx

Hillbilly said:
There are 6 of you-take a plane!
POP LRM is about 45 minutes.

Certainly on a vacation, time is money, too!

Depending on where you will be staying in La Romana the Marina is a must see and visit place, especially in the evenings
The Cueva de las Maravillas is a must see
A boat trip to the little island in front of LRM is also recommended.

Golf? Teeth of the Dog and Dye Fore are to be remembered as some of the best in the world.

HB
keep them coming what would it cost to fly pop to lrm?