Now Here's a Wild Idea for the DR to Ponder...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You Got Me To Thinking ! Always a dangerous thing! But,.....

We can solve three Dominican "problems"at the same time!!! Stray Dogs,garbage,and electric power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First,round up all the stray dogs in the country.Put them in huge collection pens.Next,collect all the "Wet" garbage from the streets.Feed it to the dogs.
Collect all the urune and feces from the dogs.The fecal matter can be used to generate methane to power electric generators,and the urine used as fertilizer!(A fourth bebefit!)
If you market this idea,I demand my share of the royalties!! Cris Colon

haitianobeisbol

Snap... Arrrrrr!
Aug 28, 2004
Lol

Criss Colon said:
We can solve three Dominican "problems"at the same time!!! Stray Dogs,garbage,and electric power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First,round up all the stray dogs in the country.Put them in huge collection pens.Next,collect all the "Wet" garbage from the streets.Feed it to the dogs.
Collect all the urune and feces from the dogs.The fecal matter can be used to generate methane to power electric generators,and the urine used as fertilizer!(A fourth bebefit!)

Good One, Patent that idea quick before they take it. Sounds like a cool idea.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
You all laugh about this concept, but it has been used successfully to create fuel for cooking in parts of Africa for a couple of decades.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
CyaBye3015 said:
You all laugh about this concept, but it has been used successfully to create fuel for cooking in parts of Africa for a couple of decades.
Cya, I'm not laughing at it at all. I posted the banana waste-to-energy story as food for thought. There is a ton of innovative, outside-the-box thinking going on in the environmental field, including alternative energy sources. What I'm trying to do in this forum is to expose DR1ers to it, and get them to regularly ask "why not in the DR? Why not try it? Why not innovate when the country is so vulnerable to imported oil prices and the power grid is habitually dysfunctional?" etc etc.

Respectfully,
Keith R :glasses:

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Keith R said:
Cya, I'm not laughing at it at all. I posted the banana waste-to-energy story as food for thought. There is a ton of innovative, outside-the-box thinking going on in the environmental field, including alternative energy sources. What I'm trying to do in this forum is to expose DR1ers to it, and get them to regularly ask "why not in the DR? Why not try it? Why not innovate when the country is so vulnerable to imported oil prices and the power grid is habitually dysfunctional?" etc etc.

Respectfully,
Keith R :glasses:

Keith, I never thought you were laughing at it, I was referring to the comments responding to your post.
Joe

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
OK Criss---

Criss Colon said:

How you gonna' seperate the 'wheat' from the 'chaff'?? HUH??

Good idea, but you have a problem in implimentation.

Texas Bill