www.creambay.com
THIS IS GREAT NEWS TO ME

bahia.jpg

HERE'S THE LINK TO THE WHOLE ARTICLE (IS IN SPANISH) SOMEONE PLEASE TRANSLATE

http://noticiasterra.com/bahiadesamana/

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
That would be great for Samana if it actually happens and just like any other Samana project remains in the realms of just plans (i.e. airport, highway, etc)...
I think I should buy some land, just in case...

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
this is very old news. probably as old as 1998 during fernandez' last presidency. there is alot of investment now happening in samana; and alot of work was done 5-6 years ago: dredging, extension of the land at the westend, but this project will never see its conclusion unless private money takes it over. hopefully with hippo gone, there will be some interest in revitalizing the idea.

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
the new airport will happen. drive by, pull up and have a look yourself. see my comments under airline forum. if you want to put $100 down that it won't be completed and open for december 2005, count me in. $100 says that it will be open by then. govt is not going to say no to upwards of $30 million in annual entry/exit visa charges. these nbrs are based on volume of passengers in proposed budget sent to IADB. that's how they partially will plan to pay off baninter fiasco and win more votes in northeast for next election. print this and make a note to contact me december 1st, 2005. i will do the same.