Nice New York Times article...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
ONE sure way a destination can raise its public profile is by piggybacking on the reputation of a better-known spot that may, in the eyes of trend seekers, be losing some of its heat. Thus, Columbia County, in upstate New York, becomes known as the new Hamptons; Fort Lauderdale promotes itself as the next South Beach; and Atlantic City puts out the word that it is giving Las Vegas a run for its money.

Well, say hello to the Dominican Republic, ''the new St. Bart's.''

Page 1

Page 2

Last edited:

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
would you mind doing a copy/paste of the text? following that link we gotta register and stuff.

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
Great article

Hey Robert, I tried to print the article but all that printed was the advertising. Can you tell me how I would go about printing it?

Your computer ignorant friend,
Tom

thick_neck

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 6, 2004
The Kid normally e-mails the articles--under article tools-- from NYT to himself and then print, resulting in nothing but clean text.

Last edited:

Yan-Yan

Sep 22, 2003
Great news... It was time we got some positive publicity!!

Thanks for sharing Robert.

Yan-Yan

Argo

*** Sin Bin ***
Aug 5, 2004
Robert said:
ONE sure way a destination can raise its public profile is by piggybacking on the reputation of a better-known spot that may, in the eyes of trend seekers, be losing some of its heat. Thus, Columbia County, in upstate New York, becomes known as the new Hamptons; Fort Lauderdale promotes itself as the next South Beach; and Atlantic City puts out the word that it is giving Las Vegas a run for its money.

Well, say hello to the Dominican Republic, ''the new St. Bart's.''

Page 1

Page 2

I think more like the "New Bahamas" or "New-Old- Cuba" The DR has far more options than St Barts