chi chi

M

monique

Hello,

5 weeks ago i was on holliday in Puerto Plata and in our hotel worked a guy named Chi Chi (nickname). It was in the Iberostar hotel. We fell in love and i am trying to get in contact with him. Does annyone know how to do that because he is almost never at the telephonenumber that he gave me. Does annyone else know him? I am a bit desperate.

K

Katrin

Hi Monique! I?ve got an email friend from Netherlands. She (Alex) also fell in love with Chi Chi last year. She gave him much money and he didn?t give her anything. He promised to call her but she never heard anything again. In August she?ll go back to DR and perhaps she?ll meet him again. I tell you, she got hurt very much, please don?t make a mistake with him! I know, you don?t want to hear all these things, but I know how you feel, because I?m feeling the same way, too. Not because of Chi Chi, but because of another Dominican guy. Please believe me. Perhaps you can tell me more about him! Don?t let your head hang down and keep your feet on the ground! Many greetings, Katrin

M

Martine

Monique,

I'm also in contact with Alexandra in Holland and it sure sounds like you're talking about the same guy. She also has his number and he's never there when she calls. If the two of you could talk it would maybe save you both a lot of heartache. I'll send her a message telling her to contact you if you don't mind.

Martine

A

Alexandra Peek

Yes, here's Alex, I know him !!!

Hi Monique,

Yes, I know Chi Chi, just like you. I've you where on the messageboard about two months ago, you could have seen my message telling everybody I'm in love with Chi Chi and asking for advice. About 20 people send me a reaction, just like Katrin and Martine did.

I think you are from Holland (just like me), but to include the other readers, I'll write this in English.

I was in the DR about two months ago. Same story ... met Chi Chi, fell in love, going home crying and started writing, calling and sending faxes. I found out he stopped working in the Mambo hotel (one of my new e-mail friends told me) and he is working in Iberostar right now. I also found out he had a German girlfriend just three weeks ago. And today I spoke with another e-mailfriend over the phone, who asked me if I saw your message. I looked in my emailbox (alexychichi@hotmail.com ... how nice !?!?!) and some emailfriends told me about your message.

So, I think we should talk, because I can tell you all you need to know about Chi Chi. I will continue this story sending you a private email.

If anyone else has something to add to this message, please do so. I must say I find it kind of "funny" that even with a distance like 9000 kilometers all his secrets are not save anymore!

Bye, Alexandra

J

Jim Hinsch

Re: Yes, here's Alex, I know him !!!

This is a general observation, not directed at you specifically, Alexandra.

We here these stories over and over. 8 out of 10 women who post to this board, when talking about their experience at a resort in the DR, reference the guys that work at the resort and even go as far as to say the resort isn't as good any more if certain guys don't work there anymore.

So many women find romance with a guy that works at the resort, and even continue it long distance after they go home. A few goes a far as to get married and on rare occassion it all works out.

It's funny how the guys that work water sports and animation are such great fun guys and the girls that frequent or work at the discos outside the resorts at night are all prostitutes.

Jim Hinsch JimHinsch@CSI.COM

T

Tania

I'm sorry to tell you this Monique, but if you're unable to contact him, its probably because he does not want to be contacted. This ChiChi character, seems to be quite the ladies man, be careful. You're not the only one who's been caught in his web.

H

Helen

Monique & Alex, I feel terrible hearing about this. I heard all the doom & gloom about relationships with Dominican guys when I started up with all this and didn't know what to expect. I will be going to PP in the 2nd week of August. If there are some things that you would like me to do, please email me. And in response to Jim, I have heard about those "Fun" guys at the resort too but, never about the girls who work in the discos. I saw some real beautiful Dominican women at the discos I went to who were just hanging around the bars etc. But, I wouldn't have thought of calling them that "P" word. They look real classy and weren't cosying up to any of the tourists from what I could see.

C

Charlie

This is definitely the same guy. His real name is Rafael. He use to work at Rui Mambo and just resently left there. We have been told that he is now working at the Ibostar. He has a dominican family, but seems to like romancing pretty blondes - especially dutch ones.

Chalk this up to a real life experience. Enjoy it for what it was. Don't let it make you bitter. There are a lot of very honest, sweet guys out there. They are not all users. I have been friends with Chi Chi's friend for over 4 years and he calls often to see how I am. We are good friends.

T

Tom

Re: double standard?

Good point Jim. I wonder if the same people who rant and rail against prostitution are as upset with these "playas" who "fall in love" with these foreign women. Do I smell double standard?

S

scaramooch

Jim this guy sounds like another "Rubirosa" but then again its no use to try to explain to these young ladies that are apparently smitten by this suave guy,who Rubirosa was. But ins,t thats the way its suppose to be be, after all it would not be a real vacation for a woman if she would not fall in love (in heat) with these Romeos that are nothing but (chulos) that acompanies the girl to the airport crying and when the plane leaves, there is another plane about to land with the next sucker in it.But there in the DR there is something for every body, those young pretty girls in those discos are waiting for the female counterpart, these old "geesers" are going to fall in love (in heat) too. Except its going to cost them money, and they will go home smitten too and they will go home and wonder how this young girl has fallen in love with him. But only if he stopped and think he would realize that he is the ticket out of there.Perjaps this chi chi guy is his goal too. The DR is full of guys like him, they are called (chulos) here in this country are called (gigolo).

A

Alexandra Peek

Please, don't be so hard on all the girls. Shit like this happenes.

Not only in the DR, but also in Greece, Italie, Spain. Wherever people go on a holiday, some fall in love and most of the time they get hurt. But no matter how much people warn you, you still have to find out yourself, learn the (very) hard way.

And it doesn't matter, you will learn and not make the same mistake again (at least I won't!).

I'm glad this messageboard is here to help us. Thanks to the messageboard I have about 10 new (email)friends now, I'm going back to the DR together with an (email)friend on the 23th of August and also very important, it helped me find out more information (and the truth) about Chi Chi. It stopped me spending money on phonecalls, spending all my time on writing faxes and calling and it prevented me from going totally grazy. And it will help Monique also. Maybe not the way she hoped for, but at least she will know the truth and she will not have to continue her (expensive) search for Chi Chi.

Alex

M

Mark

Will they ever learn?

Can somebody please explain to me how a person (male or female) manages to "fall in love" in 7 (or maybe 14) days, with a person whom they know essentially nothing about?? Get serious, this isn't love, it's infatuation! Then, to proclaim to the world that "I've fallen in love" with "some guy/gal named such and such", "I'm not exactly sure what his/her real name is, or where he/she lives", "and this telephone # doesn't seem to be working"......Is it only me, or does anybody else find this blind naivete extremely pitiful, if not humoring? Sorry if I offend anyone, but I've been biting my tongue on these types of postings for a long time.

N

Nadine

Katrin, I think it's easy to say this. The problem is: why do all "travelling" women believe what some men (Dominican in this case) tell them? And the question every travelling woman should ask herself in such situation is : if a man from my country (and when I'm home) would tell me the same... would I believe him? Once this question is answered, you know what you have to do to avoid to get hurt. Do not get me wrong, I do not judge anybody, man or woman. And to all the girls involved in such a situation as the one mentioned above, take care and good luck.

A

Alexandra Peek

Re: Will they ever learn?

Well, if you don't want to read them, just skipp and go on with the next message. Like I do when somebody is asking questions about fishing!

Like you see, many other people find it interesting. And maybe falling in love is a big word, it might be only a crush, but that hurts also.

Alex

D

Dan

Dear Alexandra,

I'm one of the individuals that responded with concern to your post about this guy a while back. I'm so glad that you found out the truth. Growing up in the Dominican Republic I saw this type of thing happening time and time again and it makes me sick to see inocent decent young ladies fall for this. I hope you enjoy your visit to the DR in August. Watch out for these guys :)

Dan

T

Tom

Re: Love, Lies, Loot, and DR

I met a girl on my last trip. She was a bartender and we hit it off pretty good. We hung out for about a week and a half during which time I learned that she had two "viejos" on the line who were sending her money, paying for her hotel, phone, etc. One was in the process of taking her back to Europe. Although I have grown quite fond of her, and she of me, it is sad, because she is very poor and they are her ticket out. She never asked me for money for her company because she considered me her "novio" and amor. I will visit her again in August, but then it will be over. One of her viejos will visit about two weeks after I arrive and will be bringing lots of money. Although she wants to continue the relationship she has with me (for "love") while she accepts money from this old guy, I can't do it. Nor can I offer her the material support these old guys do. She's got two kids and the rest of her family to think about. So I got to back off. I think many of the people who "fall in love" (including me) are probably lonely and a bit vulnerable. The beautiful island and people creates a sense of fantasy that makes it easy to let go of inhibitions and let down our guard. Sometimes the feelings of closeness are real, sometimes people take advantage. It's not always an easy decision. Often its just a sad situtation.

S

scaramooch

Re: Love, Lies, Loot, and DR

Tom you are right there is a certain vulnurability when you are on vacation , and everything comes into play, like the paradise setting that you are not use to back home, but like the girls that were smitten by this guy chichi with his silver toungue, if this guy would have been in her neighbohood bar, she probably would have thought he was just feeding her a line of shit. This PR guys that are hired in all this resort Hotel will take advantage of any vulnurable girl that is looking for romance on her vacation, she either have left jewlery behind or bought this casanova something tangible or spent money on his ass, well this is all well and fine but its stupid of the girl to think she is the only one. There is always another plane load, thats why he has not answered her correspondence, he is too busy with the current sucker. And like you this girl is also looking for a ticket out from whoever is willing to accomodate her, but unlike a gigolo, she want to get out of that poverty, and probably she will make a faithfull pardner if you got her out of there and under your control. The secreet is, bring her to this country and settle away from any Dominican influence.(like some where in North Dakota ) for example, rather then say Washington Heights NYC. I also have a special interest with a young girl some where in Central America but I have more control of her then you have of this one with(two viejos)perjaps this guy chichi is playing the same game that the women are playing, I don,t pass judgement on anybody this life is short enjoy what ever turns you on , and just live and let live, I guess the feeling of love from a person far away is more intriguing then some one you see every day.